Mark DeRosa Could Be Our Next Manager - Speculating

section18

Mark DeRosa was a candidate recently for a couple of mlb manager jobs. The New Jersey native I learned was disappointed he didn't get the Mets job in 2017.  Callaway got it instead.  Baltimore is a lot closer to home and the lure of battling in the AL East could be a positive in getting him here.  He is making $750.000 with the mlb network.  The teams that were interested in him probably low balled him and tried to get him for less than a million.  Cora signed this season for $800,000 and Gibbons was only making $800,000 in Toronto.  Offer him $1.5 mill and you can probably get him.  Have you watched any of his videos?  The ones where he discusses hitting are A+. He should be a hitting coach at a minimum but wants to be a manager. 

I remember Tom Davis discussing him a few weeks ago on his Saturday TV show. He went on about how he relates to players. the media and the public.  Mike Elias during or after his press conference when asked about candidates for the managers job at the end said and TV people are being considered. I thought that was interesting.  Most people here think of Mike Bordick right away.  I don't think he will get the job but could be considered for a coaching spot . 

So far everything has been positive coming from national people about the Orioles moves so far.  One guy said recently he was impressed with the Angelos sons picking Elias.  He raved abut him. Don't eliminate DeRosa as a possible manager in Baltimore,  Everybody seems to know Mike and Sig and DeRosa is certainly known from TV.  They would get a lot of coverage at the Winter Meetings if Mark gets the job and will get more return phone calls from other GM's in the future. Only 43 and a 16 year veteran of mlb.  He is the perfect fit.

24 minutes ago, section18 said:

Mark DeRosa was a candidate recently for a couple of mlb manager jobs. The New Jersey native I learned was disappointed he didn't get the Mets job in 2017.  Callaway got it instead.  Baltimore is a lot closer to home and the lure of battling in the AL East could be a positive in getting him here.  He is making $750.000 with the mlb network.  The teams that were interested in him probably low balled him and tried to get him for less than a million.  Cora signed this season for $800,000 and Gibbons was only making $800,000 in Toronto.  Offer him $1.5 mill and you can probably get him.  Have you watched any of his videos?  The ones where he discusses hitting are A+. He should be a hitting coach at a minimum but wants to be a manager. 

I remember Tom Davis discussing him a few weeks ago on his Saturday TV show. He went on about how he relates to players. the media and the public.  Mike Elias during or after his press conference when asked about candidates for the managers job at the end said and TV people are being considered. I thought that was interesting.  Most people here think of Mike Bordick right away.  I don't think he will get the job but could be considered for a coaching spot . 

So far everything has been positive coming from national people about the Orioles moves so far.  One guy said recently he was impressed with the Angelos sons picking Elias.  He raved abut him. Don't eliminate DeRosa as a possible manager in Baltimore,  Everybody seems to know Mike and Sig and DeRosa is certainly known from TV.  They would get a lot of coverage at the Winter Meetings if Mark gets the job and will get more return phone calls from other GM's in the future. Only 43 and a 16 year veteran of mlb.  He is the perfect fit.

Is he analytics friendly? I am uncertain. 

Only Mike would know the answer to that question.  Everyone says yes when asked baseballs favorite question these days.

As to experience with training.........google Mark DeRosa videos and watch the ones where he discusses hitting.  He played for 8 different organizations and experienced numerous spring training sessions.  He could probably write the best ST Manual.

Watch the videos and you'll probably change your mind about his experience . He and Chris Davis would be a great match.

There are dozens of guys who might be a fit here.    Trying to guess who Elias might consider is almost impossible, so I’m not going to try.    It will be interesting to see if the names of any interviewees come out, or whether we simply learn one day who has been chosen.    

45 minutes ago, Finisher said:

I think it's safe to assume he'll want someone similar to himself i.e. young, intelligent, well spoken, analytics minded.

You forgot with experience in the areas for which he will be in charge.  Like managing a pitching staff.

Archived