DJ Stewart

WarehouseChatter

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Why, so we can win 56 games instead of 55?   Put up with whatever misalignment we have to this season but DO NOT GIVE AWAY PICKS!!!

You know I'm not in favor of trading picks right?

I wasn't in favor of Dan trading a first and two second round picks.

I wasn't in favor of him signing free agents that cost picks.

I've been very consistent on this point.

22 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You know I'm not in favor of trading picks right?

I wasn't in favor of Dan trading a first and two second round picks.

I wasn't in favor of him signing free agents that cost picks.

I've been very consistent on this point.

Yes, I’m aware of your stance.    But I don’t understand your pessimism that Elias will do this, considering the position the team is in.    

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Yes, I’m aware of your stance.    But I don’t understand your pessimism that Elias will do this, considering the position the team is in.    

He thought I wanted to trade Trumbo rather than Mancini who I feel must be traded as soon as C.J. Cron gets a job. 

Just now, Frobby said:

Was Elias the GM?   Were the Orioles a last place team that already had shed a ton of payroll?  If not, than those past cases don’t have any bearing on what the O’s will do now IMO.

Until I see actual proof I am going to assume ownership is going to act as it has in the past.

I'm sure Dan didn't want to package draft picks with Webb and Matusz.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Until I see actual proof I am going to assume ownership is going to act as it has in the past.

I'm sure Dan didn't want to package draft picks with Webb and Matusz.

The sons were pleased Dan managed to package O'Day in the Gausman deal instead of getting better prospects.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I read it here.  Remember the thread speculating Dan might be retained?

Someone on the national scene reported that the sons were pleased with the Gausman deal.

I guess I’d need to see the quote.   I’ll look.   

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I just did a quick search and couldn't find it.  So much stuff to parse through.

Yeah, I couldn’t find anything on a quick search, either.    Perhaps someone else will remember the source (assuming there is one) and dig it up.

In any event, back to Duquette’s tactic of trading comp picks in order to shed relatively modest salaries.     I doubt the owners told him to do that.   More likely, Duquette had a budget he couldn’t exceed and made these moves on his own in order to give himself more leeway in the budget.    I just don’t see owners dictating a move like that.    

Just now, Frobby said:

Yeah, I couldn’t find anything on a quick search, either.    Perhaps someone else will remember the source (assuming there is one) and dig it up.

In any event, back to Duquette’s tactic of trading comp picks in order to shed relatively modest salaries.     I doubt the owners told him to do that.   More likely, Duquette had a budget he couldn’t exceed and made these moves on his own in order to give himself more leeway in the budget.    I just don’t see owners dictating a move like that.    

I disagree.  I can see Peter Angelos doing just that.

I think Dan wanted to cut them and was told to recoup the money.

Obviously it is speculation on both of our parts.

Archived