Give Sisco another Chance

Legend_Of_Joey

44 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm over here waiting for the other shoe to drop.  

Want to see how he handles a slump and how he bounces back.

The other shoe might just be that he hasn't faced lefthanders basically at all yet. But yeah I'm with you. 

53 minutes ago, interloper said:

The other shoe might just be that he hasn't faced lefthanders basically at all yet. But yeah I'm with you. 

I'm on board with limiting the lefties so far to help him build confidence, but he's swinging well. I'd love to see him get a bit more exposure against LHP in the second half to see what we really have here. Can he be an "everyday" option or is he a platoon guy?

3 hours ago, jamalshw said:

I'm on board with limiting the lefties so far to help him build confidence, but he's swinging well. I'd love to see him get a bit more exposure against LHP in the second half to see what we really have here. Can he be an "everyday" option or is he a platoon guy?

Just wanted to point out that Sisco was hitting LHP at a .300/.397/.560 clip in Norfolk this year, in 57 PA.    The main reason he’s not playing vs. LHP now is that Severino has been killing them all year (.967 OPS), and it just doesn’t make sense to have him on the bench vs. lefties.   

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Just wanted to point out that Sisco was hitting LHP at a .300/.397/.560 clip in Norfolk this year, in 57 PA.    The main reason he’s not playing vs. LHP now is that Severino has been killing them all year (.967 OPS), and it just doesn’t make sense to have him on the bench vs. lefties.   

DH is always an option if you want to get a look at him against lefties.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El_Duderino said:

I think they need to put a glove on Núñez. The power makes him intriguing, moreso than Ruiz anyway.

I would be interested to see him play some third again, even if it's just once or twice a week.  He has more value as a CIF, even if he's a limited one defensively, than a pure DH only bat.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

I think they need to put a glove on Núñez. The power makes him intriguing, moreso than Ruiz anyway.

He also has to learn some things about baserunning.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2019 at 8:27 PM, BohKnowsBmore said:

I would be interested to see him play some third again, even if it's just once or twice a week.  He has more value as a CIF, even if he's a limited one defensively, than a pure DH only bat.

Nunez put up 0.9 fWAR/1.2 rWAR in 60 games last year. That's 2.4 fWAR/3.2rWAR projected to the course of a full season. Meanwhile, he's on pace to have a 1.1 fWAR/1.6rWAR season this year despite putting up very similar offensive numbers to last year. Even with his erratic defense, Nunez offers a LOT more value at 3B than he does being at DH. Plus Rio Ruiz can't hit a lick and the O's have a bunch of 1B/DH types on their roster. It makes little sense not to give Nunez another shot at 3B.

58 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Nats running wild on Sisco. Sisco has now thrown out just 3 of 20 base stealers this year. Sisco's 2.10 pop time coming into tonight is 58th out of 63 major league catchers with 5 steal attempts.

Right he doesn't throw well.  To be honest to hear people here talk it is amazing he's ahead of five guys.  I thought he was the worst thrower in the history of the game.

• Upvote 1