Who is the next O's player to be traded for a prospect and when?

wildcard

Orioles definitely made it known that starter Alex Cobb is available and had discussions with at least one club, according to sources. Cobb has three years and $43 million remaining on his contract that he signed in spring training, and the Orioles likely would need to absorb a portion of it.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/12/recapping-the-winter-meetings-on-the-final-day.html

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/13/2018 at 8:03 AM, weams said:

This is great to hear. I didn't think they had the nerve to shop Cobb until later in the season. Seems like the free agent market is a little more bullish for SPs this offseason, which might make Cobb even more appealing. 

On 12/13/2018 at 8:03 AM, weams said:

"Agent Scott Boras met with team officials Tuesday night to talk about Chris Davis. That one doesn’t count."

What exactly were they talking about? Was Boras reminding them how much money Davis is still owed? Or perhaps he was helping Davis switch from checks to direct deposit? 

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Dammit, I am really liking Elias.  Don't let that soft Ivy League appearance fool you.  No one is safe.

It's the first time I've heard an O's GM say any free agents he signs would be mostly about flipping them later. He straight up said that! 

The O's will sign Brian Dozier in February (much to the dismay of many Hangouters) because he'll be available for peanuts, and they will trade him in early August.  

Hey, don't blame the messenger.  Whoa, and stop throwing foreign objects at me.  It's a prediction, not a recommendation.  

2 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

The O's will sign Brian Dozier in February (much to the dismay of many Hangouters) because he'll be available for peanuts, and they will trade him in early August.  

Hey, don't blame the messenger.  Whoa, and stop throwing foreign objects at me.  It's a prediction, not a recommendation.  

Certainly a bounce-back candidate, assuming he didn't hit a wall at age 31.

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

"Agent Scott Boras met with team officials Tuesday night to talk about Chris Davis. That one doesn’t count."

What exactly were they talking about? Was Boras reminding them how much money Davis is still owed? Or perhaps he was helping Davis switch from checks to direct deposit? 

I'm sure it was something to the effect of Mike exploring mutual interest in a buyout, and Scott's number being several orders of magnitude different.

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

I'm sure it was something to the effect of Mike exploring mutual interest in a buyout, and Scott's number being several orders of magnitude different.

I think it was probably, here's what we have in mind to help Chris, has he mentioned anything to you that would help us get more out of him, is he working with anybody, let's make sure he's on board with our plan and new methods. 

1 hour ago, Ruzious said:

Then Chris Davis will really never bunt against the shift.

Archived