O’s claim 3B Rio Ruiz

Frobby

20 minutes ago, connja said:

Can't help but think a bit about an opening day lineup next year that looks like:

CF Hays, 2B Alberto, RF Santander, 1B Mancini, DH, Nunez, 3B Ruiz, C Rutchman, LF Mountcastle, SS Inglasias.  

The possibilities....

I doubt that Rutchman will be there on opening day next year but the rest of it looks not bad.  Don't look now but the two catchers on the team right now are doing pretty well offensively.

2 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. PHILLIES, 8/12)

NUMBER 4

RIO NOBLE RUIZ

o

o

And he just made an amazing defensive play to get Miguel Castro and company out of an 8th-inning jam.

It was a quintessential example of improvisation. He snared a ground ball from his position at 3rd base, and with his momentum carrying him very strongly forward, all he could do was try to shovel a back-handed pass on the ground to the 2nd baseman to get the force-out ......... and he did.

o

o

2 games in a row ........ 

(vs. PHILLIES, 8/13)

NUMBER 5

RIO NOBLE RUIZ

RIO NOBLE RUIZ

RIO NOBLE RUIZ

RIO NOBLE RUIZ

RIO NOBLE RUIZ

RIO NOBLE RUIZ

RIO NOBLE RUIZ

o

On 7/26/2020 at 11:56 PM, Tony-OH said:

Meisinger was worth -0.1 WAR with the Orioles in 2018 and never has pitched int he majors since.

Ruiz has been worth -0.2 WAR with the Orioles so not sure we can say this has worked out even though losing Meisinger was no loss.

He had a nice return from the minors last year and is off to a good start through three games. The jury is still out though on Ruiz.

I'll rephrase it then - getting Ruiz will be a substantial net gain.

WAR now sits at +0.2 :gallden:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 25 Nuggets said:

I'll rephrase it then - getting Ruiz will be a substantial net gain.

WAR now sits at +0.2 :gallden:

Haha.

Honestly, I like what I've seen from Ruiz since he's come back from the minors and he's taken it up a notch this year. His statcast metrics are looking really good and he's driving the ball with much more authority. He has been a nice surprise and he's beginning to make me a bit of a believer. 

Let's give it the whole 60 game season though.

Saying that, Ruiz was the exact kind of guy you give opportunities to so I had no problem with the roster switch. I was never a Meisinger guy anyways. 

• weams locked this topic