Orioles select SS Richie Martin with 1st pick of Rule 5 Draft

weams

8 hours ago, LA2 said:

Baby steps, man, baby steps. His OPS just climbed past CrasheDavis's OPS and BA (.551 vs. .541; .178 vs. .161) and he's even out-homered him 3-zip since May 15th. How's that for putting things into perspective! ?

It just puts things into perspective how terrible are team is.  

2 hours ago, atomic said:

I am not the one posting about a players .225 hot streak.  That sounds like a terrible slump to me.

Is that what you think the dead horse and facetiously-meant "new perspective" in the other posts I was following up on refer to?

14 hours ago, atomic said:

I am not the one posting about a players .225 hot streak.  That sounds like a terrible slump to me.

Simply stating that he was trending upward. Never called it a hot streak. My post is looking pretty good right now! He continues to trend up. Let's see where it goes. That's all! Bye! 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Philip said:

Martin > Beckham.

I’m happy

The only way I can agree with this is if you're just judging Martin and Beckham by their future worth to the next good Orioles team. Because right now Beckham is more-or-less an average MLB player, and Martin is hitting .182 with a .557 OPS and an okay glove.

29 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

The only way I can agree with this is if you're just judging Martin and Beckham by their future worth to the next good Orioles team. Because right now Beckham is more-or-less an average MLB player, and Martin is hitting .182 with a .557 OPS and an okay glove.

Eh. I've enjoyed watching Richie more than Beckham also. And that's because I know Richie is a AA player trying his damndest to hang in there against ML pitching. When he succeeds, it's very exciting! His glove has been hit or miss, but it hasn't been Beckham-level terrible by any stretch. 

40 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Beckham teases you with occasional brilliance, But mainly he shocks you with sudden incompetence. He’s on a pace for about 50 errors this year.

There is absolutely no question who I would prefer. Also, Martin is on his way up. We don’t know at what point he will have found his level. To be honest, it may not be any better than he is right now. But we don’t know that, And therefore he remains exciting to watch. Beckham is a known quantity, and that quantity is frustrating.

• Upvote 1