Adam Jones to Queens?

weams

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I'm wondering if he'd play everyday? Or maybe they would rotate Conforto, Nimmo, Lagares, and Jones between the OF and DH slots. Either way he'd be a great clubhouse guy for that team.

I would imagine he wouldn't DH for the Mets much, if at all.

4 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I'm wondering if he'd play everyday? Or maybe they would rotate Conforto, Nimmo, Lagares, and Jones between the OF and DH slots. Either way he'd be a great clubhouse guy for that team.

They only have DH in the handful of games that they play in AL parks.  Dominic Smith may be the guy when they do need a DH.  Cespedes starts for them, but is expected to be out until the All-Star break.  He's signed thru 2020.  They are hoping to sign a CF so that Lagares can fill the 4th OF roll until Cespedes returns.  Nimmo and Conforto both struggled a bit as fielders when they played CF and are better suited to play the corners.  I don't think they want to roll with Lagares in the starting lineup.  Trouble is, I'm really not seeing Jones playing CF, either.  Lagares is their best CF, but it's hard for his bat to play, IMO.

18 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

They said they were confident that he would play a good deal of Center this season. Must be the dimensions. He was a fall back from A.J. Pollack. 

2 minutes ago, Number5 said:

They only have DH in the handful of games that they play in AL parks.  Dominic Smith may be the guy when they do need a DH.  Cespedes starts for them, but is expected to be out until the All-Star break.  He's signed thru 2020.  They are hoping to sign a CF so that Lagares can fill the 4th OF roll until Cespedes returns.  Nimmo and Conforto both struggled a bit as fielders when they played CF and are better suited to play the corners.  I don't think they want to roll with Lagares in the starting lineup.  Trouble is, I'm really not seeing Jones playing CF, either.  Lagares is their best CF, but it's hard for his bat to play, IMO.

New GM wants no parts of Lagares as a regular. Brody. 

Not so sure about this rumor.  It's more like speculation.

While Van Wagenen is downplaying a big right-handed bat who could help in the outfield — a description that fits A.J. Pollock — the industry still views the Mets as in the hunt for smaller pieces such as Adam Jones and Melky Cabrera.

The fact Jones is represented by CAA, the firm that until recently employed Van Wagenen as the co-head of the baseball division, indicates the lines of communication have remained open between the two sides. But there are questions whether the 33-year-old Jones can still handle center field, where the Mets ideally could use another set of legs. 

https://nypost.com/2018/12/19/what-mets-may-do-next-after-van-wagenens-nl-east-boast/

Archived