Teams are asking about Bundy

byrdz

28 minutes ago, wildcard said:

OK, you are on record as saying the good defense does not help teams win.  Got it.

I myself and I am sure many others enjoy a lot of the content you bring to this site, but are you being obtuse on purpose on this?  It's really odd.  Having said that, I too have high hopes for Bundy to rebound next year.  But, yea he's gotta keep the ball in the park more. 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, murph said:

I myself and I am sure many others enjoy a lot of the content you bring to this site, but are you being obtuse on purpose on this?  It's really odd.  Having said that, I too have high hopes for Bundy to rebound next year.  But, yea he's gotta keep the ball in the park more. 

I think pitcher getting hurt on the bases is an awful thing. These guys in the AL don't have the skills to be batters and baserunners. 

2 minutes ago, weams said:

I think pitcher getting hurt on the bases is an awful thing. These guys in the AL don't have the skills to be batters and baserunners. 

I remember that game.  It really has gotten to the point of almost being silly having pitchers hit anymore.  Before they ban the shift, I want the DH brought to the NL. 

20 minutes ago, murph said:

I remember that game.  It really has gotten to the point of almost being silly having pitchers hit anymore.  Before they ban the shift, I want the DH brought to the NL. 

I disagree.  Having AL pitchers only hit a handful of time is stupid though.

34 minutes ago, murph said:

I doubt they will ever ban the shift, despite the fan lobbying for it.

I do believe they need to bring the DH to the NL, or remove it from the AL.

2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I doubt they will ever ban the shift, despite the fan lobbying for it.

I do believe they need to bring the DH to the NL, or remove it from the AL.

They pay pitchers too much to have them hit and run bases. 

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

I dont disagree with that logic.

I would rather see the DH in the NL.

If they dont do that, at least remove it from the AL.

To have two sets of rules for the same game, is stupid and irresponsible. IMO.

Disagree. I love the added strategy that must be employed in the NL. And it’s one of the coolest things to watch when a pitcher comes through with a clutch RBI. 

As for the differences in the two leagues, I don’t mind it. I like the variety haha. What’s irresponsible about it? 

Also, it’s not like these pitchers aren’t still athletes competing at the highest level. How many pitchers get injured on the bases per year? Far, far fewer than the number who get injured actually pitching. 

1 minute ago, joelala said:

Disagree. I love the added strategy that must be employed in the NL. And it’s one of the coolest things to watch when a pitcher comes through with a clutch RBI. 

As for the differences in the two leagues, I don’t mind it. I like the variety haha. What’s irresponsible about it? 

Also, it’s not like these pitchers aren’t still athletes competing at the highest level. How many pitchers get injured on the bases per year? Far, far fewer than the number who get injured actually pitching. 

The actual times a pitcher can actually get a base hit, is lower than the mendoza line.

But, heck, its all good, we all have different opinions.

8 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I dont disagree with that logic.

I would rather see the DH in the NL.

If they dont do that, at least remove it from the AL.

To have two sets of rules for the same game, is stupid and irresponsible. IMO.

I'd rather be half right, than all wrong. 

3 minutes ago, joelala said:

I know plenty of folks who like NL ball. Not to my taste. 

27 minutes ago, VaBird1 said:

I disagree.  Having AL pitchers only hit a handful of time is stupid though.

Disagree on having the DH in the NL?  You want to see pitchers hit and would prefer to have the DH removed from the AL?  Honestly curious. 

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

The actual times a pitcher can actually get a base hit, is lower than the mendoza line.

But, heck, its all good, we all have different opinions.

Oh yea, no disrespect whatsoever. Friendly debate is the fuel of this board.

Archived