TT: Mullins: Starter or Future 4th Outfielder?

Tony-OH

4 hours ago, Thats Baseball said:

Just being able to catch up with everything. Didnt think Mullins did too much yesterday by the lack of info on here. Looks like he had a productive day. 

He played very well.  Didn't get much of a chance to put out an opinion of his fielding, but he did really well at the plate.  Showed some speed on the basepaths as well.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mullins has always been a super streaky hitter going back to when he broke in with Delmarva.  I'm hoping tonight's performance is the start of a hot streak.  2 for 2 with two triples so far.  

A lot of you are down on him after a bad week and a half.  He will have this hot and cold streaks.  Get used to it.  The speed will always be an exciting asset and he's got some pop. 

This is the guy who bumped Jonsey out of CF. Everyone had such high hopes including me. I have watched every play of every game this year....Mullins can't hit, and he is just not a plus outfielder.  He is very fast, but he does not steal bases. It was very exciting to see him hit the 2 triples in a game. But other than,  his hitting has been dismal. I know its only been 15 games, but that is my report so far.

On 4/8/2019 at 8:28 PM, ChuckS said:

Mullins has always been a super streaky hitter going back to when he broke in with Delmarva.  I'm hoping tonight's performance is the start of a hot streak.  2 for 2 with two triples so far.  

A lot of you are down on him after a bad week and a half.  He will have this hot and cold streaks.  Get used to it.  The speed will always be an exciting asset and he's got some pop. 

And, you know, last season.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

And, you know, last season.

And spring training.    

That said, like just about everybody else on the team, I think the O’s just roll with him until Memorial Day.    By that time most stats have somewhat stabilized.   

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

And spring training.    

That said, like just about everybody else on the team, I think the O’s just roll with him until Memorial Day.    By that time most stats have somewhat stabilized.   

Totally agree. 

Archived