Oreos 2019 draft picks?

12 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’m totally into BPA, but it would be great if the BPA was a SS with a solid bat.    Shortstops can always be moved to another position defensively.    

On 3/27/2019 at 3:06 PM, sportsfan8703 said:

BPA is always the best strategy, but if we're torn between Rutschman and Witt, taking a SS with our 2nd pick  could be a good compromise.  

Honestly, I'd avoid a catcher if possible. I don't want to see a repeat of Matt Wieters. He was a solid player but not the star he was supposed to be.

If its close I take Witt!

Just now, Roll Tide said:

Honestly, I'd avoid a catcher if possible. I don't want to see a repeat of Matt Wieters. He was a solid player but not the star he was supposed to be.

If its close I take Witt!

Sure, go with the old guy with the questions about his hit tool.

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sure, go with the old guy with the questions about his hit tool.

I havent looked at a prospect list lately is there anybody else that merits #1?

.337 this year with .431 OBP and a ops over .900. I extra base hit every ten witha near 50/50 K/BB ratio. And a K rate of only 10%. I guess we could worry if he's going to develop homerun power but otherwise I'm not concerned.

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I havent looked at a prospect list lately is there anybody else that merits #1?

.337 this year with .431 OBP and a ops over .900. I extra base hit every ten witha near 50/50 K/BB ratio. And a K rate of only 10%. I guess we could worry if he's going to develop homerun power but otherwise I'm not concerned.

For me there is a clear distinction between #1 and the rest of the draft.  I am legitimately worried about Witt's hit tool and the caliber of competition he has faced and I'd be inclined to go Vaughn if I was picking second. 

19 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

For me there is a clear distinction between #1 and the rest of the draft.  I am legitimately worried about Witt's hit tool and the caliber of competition he has faced and I'd be inclined to go Vaughn if I was picking second. 

Yeah ...I like Jong too BUT Rutschman is clearly #1

We are probably going to pick Rutschman, and for obvious reasons. How are we liking our current MLB lineup with catchers hitting .220 with no power? He is an advanced hitter, a good defensive catcher, and a clear number 1 pick at this point, at least for me. You can put him right into Delmarva, and then move that offensive core right through the Minors.

On 4/27/2019 at 8:48 AM, Frobby said:

I’m totally into BPA, but it would be great if the BPA was a SS with a solid bat.    Shortstops can always be moved to another position defensively.    

Or become trade bait for when you need that starting pitcher.

Archived