TT: Roster takes shape less than a week out (Roster prediction)

Tony-OH

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Elias seems to be of the philosophy that you need to prove at a level before you come up. When you add in that Severino and Sucre are serious upgrades defensively to Sisco,  then why not let him go down to Norfolk and force his way back up?

Are you still sold that Cisco’s bat won’t ever play?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

It’s official, they just optioned Sisco to the minors. Pathetic.

Really? The guy hit .240 in AAA after looking completely overmatched during a brief MLB stint. He had the job last year and lost it. It also makes sense to start with Severino since we would lose him otherwise.

I would love to see him play with a chip on his shoulder and mash 1.000 OPS in Norfolk for a month or two.

9 minutes ago, TheOtherRipken said:

Are you still sold that Cisco’s bat won’t ever play?

I liked the walks in the spring and how he made some adjustments to some breaking balls at times. After he clubbed those 4 homers he never collected an extra base hit though, so I'm not sold on the early power display. 

Let's see how he does in AAA. If the walks go up and the Ks come down, I'll have a better feel.

54 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

If Alberto makes it, I'm gonna be sick.

But Trumbo on the 60 day IL opens up a 40 spot for Sucre, while opening a 25 spot for Alberto.

Who’s spot is he taking? Sisco has nothing to do with him. 

Bench would be 

Severino 

Jackson

Rickard

Alberto 

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Really? The guy hit .240 in AAA after looking completely overmatched during a brief MLB stint. He had the job last year and lost it. It also makes sense to start with Severino since we would lose him otherwise.

I would love to see him play with a chip on his shoulder and mash 1.000 OPS in Norfolk for a month or two.

The same Severino that was DFA'd by the Nats and no one was interested enough in to trade for?

I don't think it's a forgone conclusion he would get claimed.

I love how folks are suddenly viewing Severino as a valuable asset.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

The same Severino that was DFA'd by the Nats and no one was interested enough in to trade for?

Is it entirely possible Elias thinks he can keep someone by DFA them later ? Just playing other side. 

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think Severino is a "valuable asset." I really think he is a place holder until Wynns gets back and Hyde values defense in his catchers (as evidenced by comments made earlier this Spring.)

If Severino goes, no big loss.

You’re right. It’s better to give the ABs to a retread catcher who has no future with the team then a player who racked in spring training and might have a future with the team.  If we’re going to lose 100+ games again we might as well see if a player like Sisco can sink or swim. 

4 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

You’re right. It’s better to give the ABs to a retread catcher who has no future with the team then a player who racked in spring training and might have a future with the team.  If we’re going to lose 100+ games again we might as well see if a player like Sisco can sink or swim. 

I get this way of thinking but Elias may want to see if Severino can be a useful backup and doesn’t want to lose Sucre in the process of finding out. Don’t forget about Wynns either. Fluid situation. 

39 minutes ago, atomic said:

When did Machado put up big numbers in AAA?  And your response really doesn't have anything to do with his statement.  

Of course it did.  Manny is a special case.  Do we have a prospect like that now?  Who put up big numbers at AA then?  Who did we send down that really looks ready and will be hindered by more time in the minors?

1 minute ago, Ripken said:

Of course it did.  Manny is a special case.  Do we have a prospect like that now?  Who put up big numbers at AA then?  Who did we send down that really looks ready and will be hindered by more time in the minors?

And Manny didn’t put up big numbers at AA. He was brought up for his glove because the other options at 3B were horrid defensively.

8 hours ago, Rene88 said:

Lol I know the Haters:) it’s cool:)

but I think Severino is a real nice waiver wire grab and I would send Chance down to get a looksee at him. I would not try to seek him through waivers. Just my .02

I think this is probably right.    It won’t kill Sisco to spend a couple of months in the minors while the O’s figure out if Severino is worth keeping.   

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I know nothing about him except that he was able to make the roster on a better team than us. I am not saying he is valuable, only that it is better to have multiple options. I would rather give him a shot and have Sisco as Plan B than hand Sisco the job with no Plan B.

Archived