TT: Roster takes shape less than a week out (Roster prediction)

Tony-OH

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott and Nunez are my question marks.

Hyde likes versatility and having another DH who is terrible in the field, along with Trumbo and Mancini, is unwise, even if Trumbo hits the IL. Better to avoid a dedicated DH unless it’s Edgar Martinez.

I’d rather have Means than Scott, and I’d start Sucre over Sisco for Defense.

Funny, but I’ve been unable to gin up the slightest interest in who makes our OD roster or stays on the 40-man.   There will be lots of changes during the year and I’m more interested in who earns their way onto the roster later than who’s on it in March.    Also, I strongly suspect that we’ll make a couple of waiver pickups before Opening Day that cause us to drop some guys off the current 40-man.    It just stands to reason that the dregs of many other teams’ 40-man rosters are better than ours and there will be upgrades to be had.   

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Funny, but I’ve been unable to gin up the slightest interest in who makes our OD roster or stays on the 40-man.   There will be lots of changes during the year and I’m more interested in who earns their way onto the roster later than who’s on it in March.    Also, I strongly suspect that we’ll make a couple of waiver pickups before Opening Day that cause us to drop some guys off the current 40-man.    It just stands to reason that the dregs of many other teams’ 40-man rosters are better than ours and there will be upgrades to be had.   

I like our dregs.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Who are you DFAing to get Sucre on the roster?

I think Davis plays at 1B on opening day.  What happen after that could be closer to what you wrote IMO.

i would put Trumbo on the 60-day IL. As for Davis on opening day, Elias could send him a clear signal if he doesn't start.

38 minutes ago, Philip said:

Scott and Nunez are my question marks.

Hyde likes versatility and having another DH who is terrible in the field, along with Trumbo and Mancini, is unwise, even if Trumbo hits the IL. Better to avoid a dedicated DH unless it’s Edgar Martinez.

I’d rather have Means than Scott, and I’d start Sucre over Sisco for Defense.

We don't even know that for sure.

Trying to predict what Elias and Hyde will do is difficult since they are both new to the roles they are currently in.

1 hour ago, interloper said:

My only difference is I have an 8th pitcher instead of Alberto, as Alberto is the most logical DFA for Sucre (though certainly not the only choice).

So instead of Alberto, I have Rogers.

Alberto is probably more of a shortstop than Jackson and with Martin's bat, I think they are going to want a guy they can get out there a little more often without a huge drop off of defense. 

They could keep Rogers, but I don't see at the expense of Alberto, but rather Scott who they may want to get more time in the minors.

25 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I'm interested in how they handle Trumbo, Davis, the pitchers, the young players, all of it really.

1 hour ago, mdbdotcom said:

If Alberto sticks, as Tony predicts, who gets removed from the 40 to make room for Sucre? My candidate is Trumbo, moved to the 60-day IL.

That would be my move, but if they do need to make space I would think Wilkerson gets DFA'd. 

28 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well it's a good thing you don't run an Orioles websites then. :D

22 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

That would be my move, but if they do need to make space I would think Wilkerson gets DFA'd. 

I'm not sure he is the next to go. The more I watch Araujo, the more I can see him going back or them trying to work out a trade. He hasn't been good this Spring and even after his 17 days, he still eats up a 40 man spot.

I think they could DFA him and offer the Cubs some International money to keep him in the system.

7 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I'm not sure he is the next to go. The more I watch Araujo, the more I can see him going back or them trying to work out a trade. He hasn't been good this Spring and even after his 17 days, he still eats up a 40 man spot.

I think they could DFA him and offer the Cubs some International money to keep him in the system.

It isn't quite as simple as that.  He would have to pass thru waivers and all of the other teams would have a shot to claim him and assume the rule 5 restrictions.

Archived