TT: Roster takes shape less than a week out (Roster prediction)

Tony-OH

Just now, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I still don't fully buy into Elias's ideas right now with the roster construction. 

I agree, he deserves a shot. As does a healthy Wynns, a healthy Hays, Diaz, Santander, Mountcastle this season, ect.

But I do remember last season talk about "if he stays down 'x' number of days, they get another year."

Maybe.

Maybe not.

All this gamesmanship might be for naught. 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Well, Elias obviously thinks Severino has talent and the Nationals gave him 270 AB's last year.  Maybe he's nothing but they want to take a look.  He was the #9 prospect in a strong Nationals system a couple of years ago.

Or it's just another service time game.

Could be that.

Severino might just be another warm body.

22 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I still don't fully buy into Elias's ideas right now with the roster construction. 

I agree, he deserves a shot. As does a healthy Wynns, a healthy Hays, Diaz, Santander, Mountcastle this season, ect.

But I do remember last season talk about "if he stays down 'x' number of days, they get another year."

Seems to be he is doing the same thing Dan did. 

Trying to keep as much “talent” as he can. 

I don’t think Sisco is about service time if he is sent down. 

4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Seems to be he is doing the same thing Dan did. 

Trying to keep as much “talent” as he can. 

I don’t think Sisco is about service time if he is sent down. 

Who did Dan play service time games with?

Was it Manny?  Bundy?  Schoop?  Hays?  I forget.

37 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I understand they are not going to be competitive this year but isn't this taking things a bit far?

I agree with you on this one. Sisco has showed out in camp this year, and coming off a year where his confidence appeared to be pretty shaken, I would want us to capitalize on what he’s done and keep him with the big club. Keep that confidence rolling and see if he can get back to where many thought he would be. And service time is less of an issue with him since he’s spent a good chunk of time in the majors already. 

Wanted to see him get a chance.

Archived