Maryland vs. LSU

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The no-call was a shame, but both teams played hard.  Just didn’t work our for us.  LSU is a good team.  I hope they beat Michigan State.

Auburn is the most ridiculous team in the SEC.  No team could have beaten them last night.  That first half was like one big haymaker.  

9 hours ago, fansince1988 said:

After watching the replay (there is a great slow-mo clip on youtube), he palms the ball, takes three distinct steps, and drags his foot for a grand total of four steps. Truly one of the worst no calls in the history of basketball.

I counted 4 steps including the toe tap.  While either the "carry step" or the toe tap by themselves could have been excused, even though by rule both would have constituted an extra step (and thus a travel) the no-call when both occurred is pretty unfortunate.

On 3/23/2019 at 4:19 PM, vatech1994 said:

Amazing fight by both teams.  I was truly impressed MD was ever up in this game because man we couldn’t hit a thing.  Look at the shooting percentages across the board in the box score.  Just nobody hot at all except Wiggins for a brief run in the first half.  To come back from 15 down in the 2nd half to lead was a heckuva job.

Criticisms of Turgeon in game coaching are warranted typically, but he went to the zone.  He called the set that got Jaylen Smith the wide open 3 pointer to tie it up.  I thought he coached this one well.

I love the guy but DAMN did Ayala kill us today.  He missed at least 5 wide open 3 pointers including the big one that was wide open at the end.  Stix played great.  Bruno is tired IMO but gave it all he had which is still a lot.  Morsell played his butt off in both games.  To be honest, as poorly as we shot, we lost the game at the free throw line.

We just a game at the buzzer to a good team when we shot 33% from the field and 70% from the line and neither of our “best” two players had a good game.  I’m pretty surprised it was that close.  Solid year, but this one definitely hurt.

I will agree and I'm a tough critic of the guy. Saying that, he did cost the team two points with technical foul and we lost by two.

Heartbreaking ending for the Terps. Good fight by the team, but in the end, Turgeon gave them two points because he couldn't control his emotions, and the other coach drew up a play to defeat the zone. Close games come down to coaching a lot of times so not surprised Terps lost a close game.

Will be sorry to see Fernando go to the NBA, but my real concern is how good Stix looked in the tourney. He may have played his way into the 1st round of the draft and that could mean a double loss for the constantly rebuilding Terps.

When you are the Marylands of the world, the tough layup with some traveling on the side goes against you.  When you are the Dukes of the world, the point blank tip shot to beat you that may be one millimeter from rolling into the basket instead rolls out.  As long as you always remember where your position is in the ladder of college sports, you should be fine no matter the outcome.

14 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I will agree and I'm a tough critic of the guy. Saying that, he did cost the team two points with technical foul and we lost by two.

Heartbreaking ending for the Terps. Good fight by the team, but in the end, Turgeon gave them two points because he couldn't control his emotions, and the other coach drew up a play to defeat the zone. Close games come down to coaching a lot of times so not surprised Terps lost a close game.

Will be sorry to see Fernando go to the NBA, but my real concern is how good Stix looked in the tourney. He may have played his way into the 1st round of the draft and that could mean a double loss for the constantly rebuilding Terps.

I agree with you and Im not a big Turgeon fan, but the Terps did a good run after that T, so you never know. Im not going to give him grief over it.

They lost a heart breaker, at least they were in it, no like when they played Belmont, and Belmont got stupid and lost that game.

Archived