Sisco/Sucre/Severino

HowAboutThat

Just now, RZNJ said:

Sisco was terrible in the majors last year and pretty bad in AAA.  He started ST off red hot and cooled off.  The message is that a couple of hot weeks in ST doesn't erase one year of poor performance.  If Sisco is a player, he'll use this as motivation, not defeat.

The message is we told you it was a competition, you came in and worked your ass off but hah, we were lying we are going to manipulate your service time instead.

Sending him down now, after whatever the heck happened with him and Buck last year? 

I think it will just sour him on the organization.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

The message is we told you it was a competition, you came in and worked your ass off but hah, we were lying we are going to manipulate your service time instead.

Sending him down now, after whatever the heck happened with him and Buck last year? 

The competition was legit, even Chance knows that. If Chance does go down, it’s because he needs the reps. He apparently has progressed well and needs to continue his progression somewhere. Sitting will not get him to where he needs to be. 

He ambushed some fastballs early in the Spring. He’s now cooled off some, but I don’t much care about that right now. He’ll hit, I think. He needs to play regularly. And I think if Wynns was healthy, he would be in Baltimore ahead of Sisco right now. 

The best instructors may be on the major league staff, not totally sure about that. But Cossins has given him a good bit the past two months. Now go work on it and I’ll check in with you and the coaching staff in Norfolk to see how you are doing. Sounds right to me, but i’m Just guessing.

22 hours ago, nsw said:

Tom Murphy was just DFAed by the Rockies. He mashed in the minors. I think the Rockies are making a mistake in dropping him:

Tom Murphy Fangraphs page

We should be on that.

22 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Sisco mashed in the minors too...

:disco:

22 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

But not at AAA which is totes important to some people for whatever reason.

PCL stats have to be taken with a huge grain of salt.    

Something I just thought of...

Maybe Elias realizes Sisco probably had some issues last season due to mental stuff, with Buck using him as a yo-yo, Alvarez using him as a punching bag, ect.

Let Sisco get his head together in Norfolk, come back up to Baltimore after a bit, and stay in Baltimore instead of bouncing back and forth. 

2 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Something I just thought of...

Maybe Elias realizes Sisco probably had some issues last season due to mental stuff, with Buck using him as a yo-yo, Alvarez using him as a punching bag, ect.

Let Sisco get his head together in Norfolk, come back up to Baltimore after a bit, and stay in Baltimore instead of bouncing back and forth. 

I think it’s pretty clear that Elias is going to make the O’s prospects earn their way onto the roster by performing well in the minors.    He’d rather play some mediocre veteran or non-prospect than rush a prospect up here, at least for now while the team isn’t ready to contend.    I can see the logic of that approach in terms of the long-term development of the team, but it really is going to be brutally dull watching the Orioles for now.   

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I think it’s pretty clear that Elias is going to make the O’s prospects earn their way onto the roster by performing well in the minors.    He’d rather play some mediocre veteran or non-prospect than rush a prospect up here, at least for now while the team isn’t ready to contend.    I can see the logic of that approach in terms of the long-term development of the team, but it really is going to be brutally dull watching the Orioles for now.   

We should have a new contest: Pick 40 Games the O's Will Win this Season.

22 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

If he is that mentally weak, then I definitely don't want him on the big club.

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think you're giving this much more of a positive spin than it deserves. Elias is keeping our prospects in the minors either because of service time issues or the fact that he doesn't want to jeopardize the blatant tank job he's undertaking this season. I was fine with the idea of the team losing this season, but I was assuming we'd be giving some of our higher level prospects some MLB experience. I'm not fine with him fielding a team of replacement level players and him being this obvious about wanting to lose. I don't care whether we're in rebuild mode or not, the team he's put together is an absolute embarrassment with no upside whatsoever. We're going to be the laughingstock of the league (again) and that's not good for baseball or Baltimore. 

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don't think it's about player development so much as hoarding pieces that could be of value. If we bring up Sisco or Hays, that is one more guy that we have to DFA. Why not give the Severino's and Alberto's of the world a shot to be a nugget? The last thing we want is to let one of those guys get away and become the next Parker Bridwell for somebody else. Nothing to lose right now and everything to gain.

9 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

If he is that mentally weak, then I definitely don't want him on the big club.

So Sisco rakes in spring training and still can't make the opening day roster (on the absolute worst team in baseball) over a journeyman catcher that no one else wanted. Yeah, I can't imagine how that would mess with a player's head. 

4 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

So Sisco rakes in spring training and still can't make the opening day roster (on the absolute worst team in baseball) over a journeyman catcher that no one else wanted. Yeah, I can't imagine how that would mess with a player's head. 

I do not care about Sisco's fragile ego. He is not entitled to anything. Severino had a higher OPS than Sisco in AAA last last year, and is supposed to be a stud with his arm.

25 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I do not care about Sisco's fragile ego. He is not entitled to anything. Severino had a higher OPS than Sisco in AAA last last year, and is supposed to be a stud with his arm.

Then keep Severino and Sisco. This has nothing less to do with Sisco's ego and more to do with us using the season to find out if he's one of our building blocks. 

Archived