TT: OOTP 20 PREDICTS SEASON OPENER HEART BREAKER FOR ORIOLES (SEASON SIMULATION)

Tony-OH

13 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Just thought it would be fun to try out the new OOTP 20 with this year's team. I didn't know how realistic it was going to be in the opener. :D

http://www.orioleshangout.com/2019/03/24/ootp-20-predicts-season-opener-heart-breaker-for-orioles-season-simulation/ 

I replied to your tweet, but I should have just done so here. I'd love to join an historical league, wherein teams would draft players from any time period. Imagine having a free for all draft where you could have the first pick and take Babe Ruth, then when your turn comes back around you nab Rickey Henderson or Jim Palmer? :) I have no idea if that's possible, but even if not, I'm hopeful there is a league that incorporates historical players in some fashion, even if it's just historical teams.

I played Rotisserie League Baseball many years ago, when it first got started and have missed that.  Maybe something like this, with a franchise mode could bring similar enjoyment.

9 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm surprised at how poorly the simulation thinks Bundy will be. Basically it predicted a Tillman like drop off.

By the way, Cobb was on the IL four times in the simulation so it's off to a good start. 

Well, it looks like he did stink it up today.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Unk said:

Well, it looks like he did stink it up today.

I'm not going to lie, but I think the days of Bundy ever being a top pitcher are gone. Right now, I'm just hoping he can be serviceable. The days of him sitting in the mid-90s are long gone and his fastball never had much movement, which is he gives up homers like Grandma gives out cookies! the slider and changeup when it's on can keep him in games if he's spotting the fastball, but he doesn't have the stuff to make too many batters miss his mistakes.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm not going to lie, but I think the days of Bundy ever being a top pitcher are gone. Right now, I'm just hoping he can be serviceable. The days of him sitting in the mid-90s are long gone and his fastball never had much movement, which is he gives up homers like Grandma gives out cookies! the slider and changeup when it's on can keep him in games if he's spotting the fastball, but he doesn't have the stuff to make too many batters miss his mistakes.

Sadly, I agree.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Dave Johnson said almost the exact same thing on a radio broadcast a week or so ago.

On 3/24/2019 at 2:45 PM, Greg Pappas said:

I replied to your tweet, but I should have just done so here. I'd love to join an historical league, wherein teams would draft players from any time period. Imagine having a free for all draft where you could have the first pick and take Babe Ruth, then when your turn comes back around you nab Rickey Henderson or Jim Palmer? :) I have no idea if that's possible, but even if not, I'm hopeful there is a league that incorporates historical players in some fashion, even if it's just historical teams.

I played Rotisserie League Baseball many years ago, when it first got started and have missed that.  Maybe something like this, with a franchise mode could bring similar enjoyment.

Greg,

Strat-O-Matic runs historical leagues online. As opposed to rolling games, you pre-program preferences on substitutions, etc. for a three game series and the computer runs the game simulation.

https://www.strat-o-matic.com/league-registry/

Archived