TT: OOTP 20 PREDICTS SEASON OPENER HEART BREAKER FOR ORIOLES (SEASON SIMULATION)

Tony-OH

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

You know as much as I do.  I figured it was close to on topic.

I would say it was close to on topic. I think that the roster changes must have been made concurrently. 

What blows me away is that one of these simulations resulted in the Royals winning 95 games!

6 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

I would say it was close to on topic. I think that the roster changes must have been made concurrently. 

What blows me away is that one of these simulations resulted in the Royals winning 95 games!

Now if any of them had the Orioles winning 95 games it would be time to check the code. :)

Royals winning 95 games this season, what are the odds of that 1-500?

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Now if any of them had the Orioles winning 95 games it would be time to check the code. :)

Royals winning 95 games this season, what are the odds of that 1-500?

My question is: Who were the Royals beating in that simulation that they were not beating in real life playing in a division that featured two other sub .400 winning percentage teams?

3 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

My question is: Who were the Royals beating in that simulation that they were not beating in real life playing in a division that featured two other sub .400 winning percentage teams?

The only good team in the AL Central is the Indians. Maybe the Twins could be decent, I don't know enough about their 2019 squad.

If the Indians took a step back and the Royals beat up on the Tigers and White Sox.  No, I can't talk myself into this. Royals farm system doesn't have the prospects to pull off a 37 game improvement.

1 hour ago, Beef Supreme said:

I was really surprised to see Luis Ortiz as the WAR leader among Pitchers. Was Cobb injured most of the season?

Also, what is the difference between 0.0 WAR and -0.0 WAR?

Cobb was on the IL like 4 or 5 times. Ortiz was pitching well in AAA so i brought him up and he pitched decently. No idea on the WAR thing. Might be just a small weirdness.

10 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

Also, what is the difference between 0.0 WAR and -0.0 WAR?

8 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

No idea on the WAR thing. Might be just a small weirdness.

I assume it’s because the numbers are rounded off.   -0.0 might actually be -0.02 if you took it out another digit, for example.   

On 3/25/2019 at 4:49 PM, Tony-OH said:

I'm not going to lie, but I think the days of Bundy ever being a top pitcher are gone. Right now, I'm just hoping he can be serviceable. The days of him sitting in the mid-90s are long gone and his fastball never had much movement, which is he gives up homers like Grandma gives out cookies! the slider and changeup when it's on can keep him in games if he's spotting the fastball, but he doesn't have the stuff to make too many batters miss his mistakes.

Yup I agree...

On 3/26/2019 at 8:43 AM, Frobby said:

I assume it’s because the numbers are rounded off.   -0.0 might actually be -0.02 if you took it out another digit, for example.   

Still, even when rounding is involved 0.0 is never a negative rational number.

Archived