Please can we trade for LaRoche...

bej6789

End of the day, if that is the best we could get for Sherrill, no way is he on the team come Aug 1...Can't turn down a talent like LaRoche...I do think 66/70/83 is undervaluing Sherrill.

I agree, I'm quite high on LaRoche.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh really? The more I see how readily you snap up prospects for our trade pieces makes me think you know very little about trade strategy and of course GM's would love to trade with you because you're so easily fleeced.

LOL..Thanks for proving my point.

Where is the kids board when we need it?

I don't know but maybe you should go check it out while we adults talk business. I feel like you can't be serious insisting that you take a LaRoche for Sherrill deal straight up and its all a joke. Okay haha very funny, what you're serious? Well thats just sad.

I may be undervaluing Sherrill- slightly.

But, I remember those who were convinced we were dealing Bedard for packages such as:

A) Kemp, LaRoche, Kershaw, Hu, Broxton

or

B) Jones, Clement, Morrow, Balentien, Triunfel

So, I think many here are OVERVALUING Sherrill, Bradford, Huff to a much greater degree than I am undervaluing.

I agree, I'm quite high on LaRoche.

Yea, I don't think people get how much upside this guy has...He was the #2 prospect in the Dodgers organization heading into the year, behind only Kershaw. I think he was in the top 25 overall in all of baseball.

When talking about Bedard, i wanted LaRoche more than Adam Jones...Now, we have a chance at getting both of them.

LaRoche has a lot of power, good plate discipline and should be good for an 850+ OPS.

He isn't some GGer over at third but he should be around league average over there.

I'd like to get something else in a Sherrill deal with LaRoche, but mostly because I have a very low opinion of Neal Colletti's baseball IQ and I think we could get something else.

Sherrill is a LOOGY who is having a good year as a closer. That raises his value but also doesn't mean he is more then what he is.

Give me LaRoche and DeJesus (I REALLY want to hear Scott Van Pelt do the "Nobody ****s with..." line for him :laughlol:) and call it a day.

I may be undervaluing Sherrill- slightly.

But, I remember those who were convinced we were dealing Bedard for packages such as:

A) Kemp, LaRoche, Kershaw, Hu, Broxton

or

B) Jones, Clement, Morrow, Balentien, Triunfel

So, I think many here are OVERVALUING Sherrill, Bradford, Huff to a much greater degree than I am undervaluing.

No one with half a brain felt either of these deals were possible.

Can someone educate me? Why does everyone want Laroche?

Career minor league numbers: .293 .379 .516

Top 30 or so prospect over the last few years.

Plays 3B, which we could use.

Never been given much of a chance in the majors.

Archived