Please can we trade for LaRoche...

bej6789

They are equally valuable because of salary and service time. And this is before the conversation begins about Roberts's impending decline.

And on Sherrill -- sell high, cbm! He's 31, and will likely never be more valuable. This has been discussed ad nauseum.

Not sure I agree on either point here!

Sherrill for Laroche & a pitching prospect maybe would be in line.

Roberts is a impact player right now for a team needing a leadoff hitter. Yes he's only 31 & likely wont decline in the next 2-3 years. Kemps best days are not here yet 107 K's in 362 AB's & only 11 HRs. 800 OPS. I know what Roberts stats are so you dont have to remind me. Kemp is rumored to have the Dodgers souring on him & It will alos how bad they think they need a leadoff hitter. IMO Roberts is more valuable than Kemp right now!

The Dodgers post also say that the Dodgers are not very high on Laroche. But does that make a Bradford for Laroche deal possible??? Maybe but not probable!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That would be a beautiful thing...

However, I worry that we spend the next few days trying to deal with LA, and to their FO in-fighting, get run around and nothing accomplished.

This is a worry but they did get the Blake deal done and they are targeting Sherrill.

We know what they have...We know what we want.

This shouldn't be difficult.

But again, i wonder if AM would even target LaRoche because of Huff and Mora.

Career minor league numbers: .293 .379 .516

Top 30 or so prospect over the last few years.

Plays 3B, which we could use.

Never been given much of a chance in the majors.

Could be the 3B version of Nick Johnson...

What would people do first?

Pie and Cedeno for Sherrill

or

Laroche fro Sherrill

LaRoche. We don't need a CF, and Pie's value decreases a lot if he's a corner OF, plus he's really struggled this year. I'd like to get Cedeno, but he's nothing special and AM can get him in a separate deal if he wants to.

Why, yesterday people said they would do the cubs deal? Whats changed?

I didn't say we should do the cubs deal.

IMO... CF, RF, and C are the only positions locked.

Pie value is his bat playing a great CF.

Sherrill should be traded to fill the needs of the other positions.

Not sure I agree on either point here!

Sherrill for Laroche & a pitching prospect maybe would be in line.

Roberts is a impact player right now for a team needing a leadoff hitter. Yes he's only 31 & likely wont decline in the next 2-3 years. Kemps best days are not here yet 107 K's in 362 AB's & only 11 HRs. 800 OPS. I know what Roberts stats are so you dont have to remind me. Kemp is rumored to have the Dodgers souring on him & It will alos how bad they think they need a leadoff hitter. IMO Roberts is more valuable than Kemp right now!

Matt Kemp is not even arbitration-eligible, while BRob is a free agent after '09. And BRob is at his peak, while Kemp has a ton of upside. I'd give Kemp the edge in terms of value, especially to a rebuilding team.

The Dodgers post also say that the Dodgers are not very high on Laroche. But does that make a Bradford for Laroche deal possible??? Maybe but not probable!

Andy LaRoche is the top prospect in their system right now that's still in the minors. It really isn't going to happen -- not for Chad Bradford.

What would people do first?

Pie and Cedeno for Sherrill

or

Laroche fro Sherrill

I might do Pie & Cedeno if I thought I could turn around & deal Pie to another team that is high on him, as I'm not!

Laroche & a pitching prospect (top 10-15 organizational) would sound right imo!

Archived