Please can we trade for LaRoche...

bej6789

I don't even think we can get LaRoche straight up for Sherrill.

Who is better that is a) available, and b) obtained for what we can afford to trade (w/o giving up young pitching) ?

I truly believe that you will be pleasantly surprised then but applaud your low expectations.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But there are ones that are potentially out there that have a more certain future than LaRoche. He's a high risk/high reward type of player. With so few premium trade pieces, we can't afford to miss...

If your philosohy is we can't afford to miss, you shouldn't even bother trading, because there's always that risk when you're getting prospects back.

And like I said, if we can do better, great, I'd take that.

Replace "deal" with "steal" in that situation.

Yeah, the Dodgers would be idiots if they didn't do that deal. Sherrill is worth more than LaRoche in this market.

I'd rather take Todd and Kozma from the Cardinals, and I'm not even fond of that deal.

If your philosohy is we can't afford to miss, you shouldn't even bother trading, because there's always that risk when you're getting prospects back.

And like I said, if we can do better, great, I'd take that.

It's trading 1 for 1 that I don't like, especially 1 for 1 for a risk like LaRoche. Now if is was McDonald or DeJesus and LaRoche, then that's worth considering...

It's trading 1 for 1 that I don't like, especially 1 for 1 for a risk like LaRoche. Now if is was McDonald or DeJesus and LaRoche, then that's worth considering...

Worth considering?

Are you serious?

If that deal is on the table and AM doesn't do it, he should be fired immediately.

Do that deal, sign Riley and put him in the pen..Move Liz and Hernandez to the pen..Bergesen to the rotation. Ray gets some time in Sept.

You are a better team both now and in the future.

I don't even think we can get LaRoche straight up for Sherrill.

Who is better that is a) available, and b) obtained for what we can afford to trade (w/o giving up young pitching) ?

Really .... A guy like Sherill who they could use. That would make them better for a guy they dont need, that has injury problems , and that they are pretty fed up with. Not sure I agree with your logic.

How many games has LaRoche actually missed due to injuries over the past 3 years?

This should give you a good history of his injuries and with the Dodgers in general. Also to add the season before the draft, LaRoche broke his leg. So even before he was drafted the guy was injured...

http://altdodgerthinking.blogspot.com/2008/05/laroche-timeline.html

A red flag in there is that LaRoche never had surgery for the protruding disc in his back, meaning it could flare up again...

We can probably get a second player, but it's doubtful that it would be a guy as good as the ones you mention.

This should give you a good history of his injuries and with the Dodgers in general. Also to add the season before the draft, LaRoche broke his leg. So even before he was drafted the guy was injured...

http://altdodgerthinking.blogspot.com/2008/05/laroche-timeline.html

A red flag in there is that LaRoche never had surgery for the protruding disc in his back, meaning it could flare up again...

He probably never had surgery because back surgery is worthless.

You are a horrible poster, and I look forward to you being banned by tomorrow.

I disagree and you clearly don't recognize a Billy Madison quote when you see one. Lighten up man its a movie quote and almost anybody knows that. I won't be banned yet I have chosen to ignore multiple comments that could be considered insults because I think its childish to do so. Now can we move on? This is ridiculous.

Archived