BEHOLD: Ongoing Lineup Thread, 2019

interloper

1 minute ago, webbrick2010 said:

What's it going to take to get CD off this roster forever?

This is a bad sign that Elias is still being handcuffed by irrational ownership.

His contract to expire.

And of course he is.  Even the folks that said they thought he had "total control" somehow managed to exclude Davis.

7 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

What's it going to take to get CD off this roster forever?

This is a bad sign that Elias is still being handcuffed by irrational ownership.

I don't know but there are literally 14,000 other threads to talk about this. 

That said, I maintain this is one of the few, if not ONLY, areas in which Elias is being limited. It is what it is. I don't think it's a sign of anything. Show me another owner who cut bait on a player still owed nearly $100 million over 3 more years. That case doesn't exist. I'm not saying it's the right move to hold onto him (it's obviously not), I'm just saying that seems to be the reality for the time being.

I don't think he makes it to 2023 though. The mounting bad press will eventually do him in and ownership will have to make a move.

5 minutes ago, interloper said:

That said, I maintain this is one of the few, if not ONLY, areas in which Elias is being limited. It is what it is. I don't think it's a sign of anything. Show me another owner who cut bait on a player still owed nearly $100 million over 3 more years. That case doesn't exist. I'm not saying it's the right move to hold onto him (it's obviously not), I'm just saying that seems to be the reality for the time being.

I don't think he makes it to 2023 though. The mounting bad press will eventually do him in and ownership will have to make a move.

Show me another player that cratered that quickly after signing a mega-deal.  Angels ate "most" of the 80M Hamilton was owed when they traded him to the Rangers.

9 minutes ago, interloper said:

Here's a secret little tip. If you ignore a post that you think is in the wrong thread, it pretty much goes away. If you complain about it being in the wrong thread, the discussion continues.

16 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Show me another player that cratered that quickly after signing a mega-deal.  Angels ate "most" of the 80M Hamilton was owed when they traded him to the Rangers.

So I think we have to wait until he's owed about that much, at least, to avoid precedent setting. But yeah you're right he is alone in his level of sudden badness.

19 minutes ago, SteveA said:

DJ in right to keep him from crashing into the monster.   Or maybe crashing through it and leaving a cutout shaped like a person like in a cartoon.

So we put our more experienced outfielder, Trey Mancini, out in LF.

Yep. And I think he's played the monster a few times the last couple years. 

46 minutes ago, SteveA said:

DJ in right to keep him from crashing into the monster.   Or maybe crashing through it and leaving a cutout shaped like a person like in a cartoon.

So we put our more experienced outfielder, Trey Mancini, out in LF.

It was mentioned before that Mancini would be in left because there is less ground he has to cover than in right.

o

BALTIMORE O RIOLES )))))) (vs. RED SOX, 8/17)

Hanser Joel Alberto Pena - 3B

Trey Mancini - 1B

Anthony Santander - RF

Renato Nunez - DH

Jonathan Rafael Villar Roque - 2B

Pedro Severino De Leon - C

Demetrius Jerome Stewart - LF

Steve Wilkerson - CF

Richie Martin - SS

Randall Asher Wojciechowski - RHP )) (2-5, 4.84 ERA)

OPPOSING PITCHER 

Eduardo Jose Rodriguez Hernandez - LHP )) (13-5, 4.31 ERA) 

https://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

• Upvote 1

o

BALTIMORE O RIOLES )))))) (vs. RED SOX, 8/18)

Jonathan Rafael Villar Roque - SS

Trey Mancini - DH

Anthony Santander - RF

Renato Nunez - 3B

Jace Ryan "J.R." Peterson - LF

Hanser Joel Alberto Pena - 2B

Chris Davis - 1B

Steve Wilkerson - CF

Chance Sisco - C

Tyson Michael Blach - LHP )) (0-1, 13.94 ERA) ) *  

*   )) (0-0, 14.21 ERA) OOO [SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS]  OOOOO (0-1, 13.50 ERA) OOO [BALTIMORE ORIOLES] 

OPPOSING PITCHER 

Nathan Edward Eovaldi - RHP )) (1-0, 5.77 ERA)

https://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o