Where do you draw "the line" for trading away performers

BohKnowsBmore

I’m sure it’s just me, but I’m tired of the subject of who can we trade away.    For right now, on April 2, I’d rather just root for the players who are here to perform well and leave the trade discussions for later.   I felt like last year the whole damned year was consumed with who we would trade at the deadline, why didn’t we trade player X earlier, whether we got enough in the trades we made, blah, blah, blah.    For me, after a long winter I just want to sit on my couch and enjoy a few ballgames without thinking about how the outcome affected some player’s trade value.    Note - I’m not suggesting anybody else needs to feel the way I do or refrain from discussing this topic.   But I’ll be spending my OH time on other things until much later in the season. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think Hall has a chance to be.  Carmona maybe?

How far away they are is the main reason I'd entertain even two years for Villar.

Yeah those guys could show up on the radar eventually. 

I would entertain 2 years. 

I have a hard time with this question because I get too emotionally attached to these players. That being said I don't draw any lines at all. Not player or position. It's strictly a deal by deal basis. If Elias feels he's getting a good return then pull the trigger, no emotion whatsoever. It's just business. And My emotions will get over it. ?

I'll say this about Trey, unless he makes some otherworldly jump I don't think he's going to return a great deal. That being said, as he goes thru arbitration he's going to get more and more expensive. And thus bring back still less and less in return. If Elias is going to trade him do it now now now yesterday.

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Right now I am looking to trade in July.    Some team would have to blow me away with players to get me to trade performers before that.   That could change but I that is where I am now.

I would trade Cashner for a whisk broom.

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m sure it’s just me, but I’m tired of the subject of who can we trade away.    For right now, on April 2, I’d rather just root for the players who are here to perform well and leave the trade discussions for later.   I felt like last year the whole damned year was consumed with who we would trade at the deadline, why didn’t we trade player X earlier, whether we got enough in the trades we made, blah, blah, blah.    For me, after a long winter I just want to sit on my couch and enjoy a few ballgames without thinking about how the outcome affected some player’s trade value.    Note - I’m not suggesting anybody else needs to feel the way I do or refrain from discussing this topic.   But I’ll be spending my OH time on other things until much later in the season. 

Agree, I’m going to enjoy the ride. This team as some fight in them and I like it.

That being said I think anyone is expendable for the right deal.

3 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Well it would have to be a nice whisk broom. Not an old ratty one with all the straws falling out.

I was thinking of something along the lines of the Rodney Dangerfield of whisk brooms. For the Don Rickles of whisk brooms we'd have to throw in too much cash.

Just now, mdbdotcom said:

I was thinking of something along the lines of the Rodney Dangerfield of whisk brooms. For the Don Rickles of whisk brooms we'd have to throw in too much cash.

The umps must get a new broom every month. They'd have used ones lying around. Maybe they could use Cashner...

Archived