Where are the owners?

atomic

16 hours ago, atomic said:

How does talking to the press represent meddling?  

It often undermines whatever the front office is saying.    

I might expect some comment from ownership at the end of the year.    Certainly not before then.   

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure why it is unusual to want owners to speak. Ravens owner does it.  Capitals/Wizards owners does it.  Keep people keep saying the Orioles should release Davis or he should be bought out. But that is owners decision.  It seems some sort of group psychosis is happening here.  

12 minutes ago, atomic said:

I am not sure why it is unusual to want owners to speak. Ravens owner does it.  Capitals/Wizards owners does it.  Keep people keep saying the Orioles should release Davis or he should be bought out. But that is owners decision.  It seems some sort of group psychosis is happening here.  

Bisciotti does it at the end of the season for the Ravens. An owner doesn't help a team by spouting off when 10% of the season hasn't even been played yet.

If it's post all star break and Davis is still on the team, then it's definitely time to complain. It's a rebuild and I wish the organization wasn't a mess, but it's going to take Elias several year to fix this from top to bottom.

1 hour ago, atomic said:

I am not sure why it is unusual to want owners to speak. Ravens owner does it. Capitals/Wizards owners does it.  Keep people keep saying the Orioles should release Davis or he should be bought out. But that is owners decision.  It seems some sort of group psychosis is happening here.  

o

Two people already answered the question in regard to the Ravens earlier in the thread, yet you still continue to bring it up.

o

On 4/7/2019 at 8:40 PM, Going Underground said:

It is required by the NFL, not the owner per-se.

Every team is required to 1) open its locker room for player interviews the day after the season ends and 2) hold a news conference during the week following the end of its season with its head coach, and/or owner, and/or club president, and/or general manager. The purpose is to serve fan interest in the conclusion of the team’s season.

On 4/7/2019 at 9:52 PM, 52520Andrew said:

The Ravens have press conferences with Bisciotti, Ozzie, and the gang at the end of the season. They don't have press conferences with the owner the Monday morning after week 2 when they are 1-1, while having a new coach.

Many of us have given atomic a hard time in this thread, but I will remind him that ownership hasn't talked to the media on a regular or even somewhat regular basis for about a decade. Peter talked a lot back in the day, until he was called out on some of his quotes not matching reality, etc. He did have a pretty long honeymoon though (he got a lot of love in the press for his stance during the last strike, etc.). John Angelos has given interviews a few times over the past years, but not a lot. And it sounds like Peter is in poor health so the Angelos' are probably even way less likely to talk to the press right now. 

And the season is 10 days old. 

6 hours ago, MMussina35 said:

A few years ago some dude popped a bunch of Ambien and then jumped on OH to post his thoughts.

The opening post of this thread sort of brought back that found memory. Thank you. 

Tio. 

On 4/7/2019 at 8:22 PM, atomic said:

I want them to lay out the organizations plan.  So far it seems their only plan is to cut spending.  No one signed for even a million dollars a year. Cuban international players not a real attempt at signing.  Gausman trade.  Explain to us how things are going to be fixed.

I would think hiring Elias would be a very loud message about the organizational plan. Much more so than a week 2 press conference. 

No competent ownership is going to have a press conference after the first losing streak of the season. Hell, plenty of incompetent ownership's wouldn't even do that. Baseball is a 162 game season, if ownership, no matter how good or bad, gave a press conference each and every single time something went wrong, I think I'd find another team to root for because that's incomprehensibly stupid and overkill. You hire your GM and manager for a reason, and part of that is to be the voice and spokespeople for the organization, and frankly, they're who I want to hear from.

Archived