The Silver Lining Report: Game 10/162 (O's win 12-4)

interloper

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

He's been a replacement level guy over his six year career as a backup catcher.

Guy shows a little energy behind the plate and folks freak out.

He's great. He calls a great game and he takes charge and he throws guys out. Don't care if he hits. Our catcher ERA would most likely be 7+ with anyone else. 

This is the Silver Lining thread. Thank you. 

57 minutes ago, interloper said:

I was glad to read that on Twitter as well during the game. By all accounts it was not a Bronx cheer for him to break the hitless record; it was genuine. Which is great. Booing is dumb. 

It definitely felt genuine to my son and I, and the only boo's I heard were directed at the umpires. 

20 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Here’s the real silver lining, we’re 5-5. Remember we’re not 20 games under .500 until we’re 20 games under .500. 

Last year we started 1-5 and never really got close to treading water. So many elements to it all, but psychologically, at least as a fan, it's nice to be even steven and not in the hole right away. 

59 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Unlike last year's squad, this year's team competes most nights and makes watching games fun. What more could you hope for from a team in the first year of a rebuild? 

To watch young players that will hopefully be part of the team's long term success?

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

To watch young players that will hopefully be part of the team's long term success?

I'm having a blast man. I suggest you try to do the same. You're missing out. The kids will be here soon enough. They are getting properly developed. Diaz is hitting .167. Hays is hurt. Sisco is hitting .100. 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

I'm having a blast man. I suggest you try to do the same. You're missing out. The kids will be here soon enough. They are getting properly developed. Diaz is hitting .167. Hays is hurt. Sisco is hitting .100. 

Did I say I wasn't enjoying the team?

I was asked what more I could want.

I'd rather be watching players that have a future with the team.

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd rather watch then when they're ready, but I hear ya.

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

The cream has to rise to the top first. If they do indeed belong here they need to push the issue by lighting up the minor leagues.

Archived