A few things......

bigbird

"The Marlins are also hunting for a lefty reliever." - South Florida Sun-Sentinel

What could we get if we packaged both Sherrill and Hernandez together???

Ramon + money and Sherrill for a boatload of prospects or Ramon + money and Walker for Tankersley, a prospect, and a fringe prospect.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're working on a deal that would send Hernandez to Florida for Taylor Tankersley and a prospect. The key is Fla want us to throw in a lot of money and we're asking for a top prospect if we do.

Lots of talk about Bradford to the Dodgers or Mets.

The front office feels they can trade Jamie Walker.

Zippy interest in Huff. Everyone sees him as a 1B/DH and no contenders need those positions. We also may hold on to him for 2008.

We're asking a crap load for Sherrill and nothing is even close.

We're looking to take on a pitcher if another team is dumping.

Lots of work trying to deal Payton.

I actually was happy to read every sentence. They should trade Bradford and Walker for something. They should dump Hernandez and Payton if at all possible. They should keep Huff and Sherrill if they're not blown away.

Tankersley for Hernandez straight up is A-OK with me. Former first rounder who's had a tough year. They might be thinking a reunion with Krannitz might be of help for him...

Moving Walker, Bradford, and Hernandez off the books would save a ton of cash for better players, plus factoring in that Millar and Payton are gone end of season...

"The Marlins are also hunting for a lefty reliever." - South Florida Sun-Sentinel

What could we get if we packaged both Sherrill and Hernandez together???

Don't think they have any SS's in the pipeline. Lots of pitching though.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/features/265171.html

TOP TEN

PROSPECTS

1. Chris Volstad, rhp

2. Brett Sinkbeil, rhp

3. Ryan Tucker, rhp

4. Sean West, lhp

5. Gaby Hernandez, rhp

6. Chris Coghlan, 2b

7. Matt Dominguez, 3b

8. Aaron Thompson

9. Mike Stanton, of

10. Gaby Sanchez, 1b

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/T/Taylor-Tankersley.shtml

Looks Sarfate-like to me.

Coincidence probably but look at how much better his numbers were when Kranny was still in Florida.

Good calls. Even with his walks problem, he showed the ability to dominate in 2006 at AA and the majors, and he was okay last season. I'd be fine with getting him for Hernandez and hoping the Kranster can work his magic.

You know what, I'm actually happy that there is zero interest in huff. Doesn't mean I'm not baffled though.

Why in the WORLD wouldn't a team want a guy who's batting .295 with 21 bombs? He's a SECOND HALF PLAYER for lords sake!!!! I'd gladly hold onto him if we're getting offered nothing, but I just don't get it.

Out of town this week but just spoke with my guy. As usual read as little or as much into this as you want.

We're working on a deal that would send Hernandez to Florida for Taylor Tankersley and a prospect. The key is Fla want us to throw in a lot of money and we're asking for a top prospect if we do.

Lots of talk about Bradford to the Dodgers or Mets.

The front office feels they can trade Jamie Walker.

Zippy interest in Huff. Everyone sees him as a 1B/DH and no contenders need those positions. We also may hold on to him for 2008.

We're asking a crap load for Sherrill and nothing is even close.

We're looking to take on a pitcher if another team is dumping.

Lots of work trying to deal Payton.

LAter...

Terrible, terrible news about Huff and Sherrill. We're not going to do squat. :mad::(

Thanks anyway though, bigbird. Your reports are always appreciatd.

You know what, I'm actually happy that there is zero interest in huff. Doesn't mean I'm not baffled though.

Why in the WORLD wouldn't a team want a guy who's batting .295 with 21 bombs? He's a SECOND HALF PLAYER for lords sake!!!! I'd gladly hold onto him if we're getting offered nothing, but I just don't get it.

Trembley hasn't played him the field enough. Had he got some more time at 3B, teams might be more interested.

I'm fine with hanging on to Huff Daddy and Flat Breezy if nobody's beating down the door for them.

Tankersley is also 25 and has really good stuff. He's somewhat erratic, but his walk numbers have come down over the last 3 years.

He's someone to definitely take a chance on, especially if it means driving Ramon to the airport. ;)

I would think if we pursue him Kranny has some confidence in him.

So it's DT's fault eh...... :eektf:

It was Trembley's choice to make Huff mainly a 1B/DH. He's played 3B before and it's the position he likes the best. I hope we return him there next season and make Mora the supersub, like it should have been this season. Huff isn't a butcher at 3B, he's league average which is fine for the offense he provides.

I would think if we pursue him Kranny has some confidence in him.

Absolutely. He's talented and still young. If Kranitz thinks that he can still mold Tankersley, then I feel just fine about this.

Actually, if Kranitz thought that Tankersley was the anti-christ, I think I'd still be pretty in favor of this trade. :D

Archived