More Severino please

ChuckS

15 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

Just talk it over when you’re back in the dugout. I don’t need tough love from a journeyman catcher. 

This sounds A LOT like the Bud Norris situation in St. Louis...and that led to the manager getting fired. Like it or not "tough love" is often equated to bullying. 

16 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Is that why you think Sucre is getting most of the starts?  I figured it was because Sucre got more time with the pitchers during Spring Training.  You would think it should be at least a 50/50 timeshare.  

Really, I'd like to get rid of Sucre so we could get Wynns or Sisco up here.  We don't need two catchers with the exact same profile.  

I’d rather keep Sucre. 

4 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

This sounds A LOT like the Bud Norris situation in St. Louis...and that led to the manager getting fired. Like it or not "tough love" is often equated to bullying. 

Yeah, I think that’s overstating it.   I was one of the first people to say I didn’t like Sucre’s facial expressions and body language when the pitchers screw up or miss their spot by a wide margin, but I wouldn’t call it bullying.    It’s like if Mike Wright was a catcher.   

59 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

I've enjoyed having two catchers who can throw someone out.

No reason to look at Sisco until he starts hitting at Norfolk.

Considering how young and/or precarious the O's pitching talent is and will be, it's not a good idea to sacrifice any D behind the plate for Sisco's bat even if it improves.

It might be easier for the O's to develop or find a good defensive centerfielder who can also hit better than Mullins. Likewise at shortstop (altho I haven't given up on Martin yet). That way the O's lineup could carry a weak-hitting C.

4 hours ago, LA2 said:

Considering how young and/or precarious the O's pitching talent is and will be, it's not a good idea to sacrifice any D behind the plate for Sisco's bat even if it improves.

It might be easier for the O's to develop or find a good defensive centerfielder who can also hit better than Mullins. Likewise at shortstop (altho I haven't given up on Martin yet). That way the O's lineup could carry a weak-hitting C.

Or, they can draft Rutschman and just make do for 2019-20.

Archived