Wright DFA, Ynoa is up

eddie83

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who had Easter Sunday for the day they DFA'd Mike Wright? The Orioles selected the contract of Gabriel Ynoa to replace the struggling reliever. I guess that Spring training media driven "confidence" thing was a little overblown a bit? Nothing personal, but this was long overdue.

I know people are going to pile on Wright, but man...this team doesn’t have just one culprit. It seems this entire pitching staff is putrid save for a few of them. You don’t give up over 40 homers before May and not have more numerous problems. That said, Wright has reached the end of his rope. Next man up, I suppose.

2 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

I know people are going to pile on Wright, but man...this team doesn’t have just one culprit. It seems this entire pitching staff is putrid save for a few of them. You don’t give up over 40 homers before May and not have more numerous problems. That said, Wright has reached the end of his rope. Next man up, I suppose.

Are you just stating the obvious, or am I missing something here? I don't think anyone thinks Wright is what's wrong with this pitching staff. However, it was clear he's not any of the solutions for this season and in the future.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Are you just stating the obvious, or am I missing something here? I don't think anyone thinks Wright is what's wrong with this pitching staff. However, it was clear he's not any of the solutions for this season and in the future.

When do we start blaming the pitching coach. Roger McDowell?

Archived