24 pitchers in 24 games

Frobby

We’ve already used 24 different pitchers this year in 24 games, including the law firm of Alberto, Davis & Sucre.    I wonder if that’s ever been done before?   We only used 20 the entire season in 2014.

Can we make it 162 in 162?

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

We’ve already used 24 different pitchers this year in 24 games, including the law firm of Alberto, Davis & Sucre.    I wonder if that’s ever been done before?   We only used 20 the entire season in 2014.

Pretty bad. 

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Weve already used 24 different pitchers this year in 24 games, including the law firm of Alberto, Davis, & Sucre. I wonder if thats ever been done before? We only used 20 for the entire season in 2014.

o

If we do wind up cycling and recycling that many pitchers by season's end, there is a decent chance that this year's team will match or break an all-time Major League record that is currently owned by the 2009 Orioles ........ the most wins by a starting pitcher making his career Major League debut

Brad Bergesen, Jason Berken, Brian Matusz, David Hernandez, and Koji Uehara all won their first games ever pitched in the Majors that season.

The previous record was 4, set by the 1890 Pittsburgh Alleghenys.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/PIT/1890.shtml

o

How long is Doug Brocail’s leash when does he have to start answering the tough questions shouldering the blame and taking the accountability of this staff?If the pitching doesn’t improve and continues on this path will a move be made to bring in a new pitching coach?

2 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

How long is Doug Brocail’s leash when does he have to start answering the tough questions shouldering the blame and taking the accountability of this staff?If the pitching doesn’t improve and continues on this path will a move be made to bring in a new pitching coach?

Not like this group was great last year and are regressing.

12 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

I agree but should the pitching coach get a free pass?

Free pass? This pitching staff is horrible. How exactly do you coach up a pitching staff full of AAAA players?

And it doesn’t help that Cobb is seemingly made of paper-mache now and is already reaching into his list of excuses. 

Also this year isn’t about trying to win. Elias didn’t try to assemble the best pitching staff possible this year, and he isn’t losing any sleep over the team’s performance. 

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Free pass? This pitching staff is horrible. How exactly do you coach up a pitching staff full of AAAA players?

And it doesn’t help that Cobb is seemingly made of paper-mache now and is already reaching into his list of excuses. 

Also this year isn’t about trying to win. Elias didn’t try to assemble the best pitching staff possible this year, and he isn’t losing any sleep over the team’s performance. 

I don't know, I think he might be losing a bit of sleep.

This is his team after all.  Even if he knows this is needed I can't imagine he can completely ignore the losses.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I don't know, I think he might be losing a bit of sleep.

This is his team after all.  Even if he knows this is needed I can't imagine he can completely ignore the losses.

Yeah, but Elias is also very busy scouting and preparing for the draft. I’d say his goal is not to lose more games than last year.

Archived