Positivity lifts the O's

wildcard

6 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

The Orioles are smack in the middle of the AL for Runs Scored:  http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/batting/league/al

5th in hits

10th in doubles

8th in homers

9th in batting average

11th in on base

10th in OPS

If this team finished with those totals, I'd be fairly happy.  That's a lot more than I'd have expected headed into this season and a reason to be positive heading into 2020.

And they’ve done it in the weirdest way.     The top four in our order have been very productive (.343 wOBA or better), the bottom four very unproductive (.280 wOBA or worse).    Only Rio Ruiz really has qualified as mediocre (.303).    My worry is that on the one hand, our top four (Villar, Mancini, Smith, Núñez) are likely to cool off, while on the other hand the guys at the bottom aren’t that likely to heat up a lot.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Frobby said:

And they’ve done it in the weirdest way.     The top four in our order have been very productive (.343 wOBA or better), the bottom four very unproductive (.280 wOBA or worse).    Only Rio Ruiz really has qualified as mediocre (.303).    My worry is that on the one hand, our top four (Villar, Mancini, Smith, Núñez) are likely to cool off, while on the other hand the guys at the bottom aren’t that likely to heat up a lot.

On the other hand, perhaps the pitching picks up a bit to compensate. 

Ruiz does feel like the exact middle ground between the top and bottom of the lineup. 

3 hours ago, interloper said:

On the other hand, perhaps the pitching picks up a bit to compensate. 

Ruiz does feel like the exact middle ground between the top and bottom of the lineup. 

Ruiz in a platoon player (364 OBP vs righties) / Alberto (409 OBP vs lefties).

Ruiz had the same kind of splits in the minors.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Wasn’t feeling the positivity last night.   

You didn't see Ynoa go 3.1 innings and allow one run?

I positively wonder if Hyde sees his mistake.  After both of Cobb last two outings  Hyde says Cobb is still shaking off the rust.   But he did not send to the minors for a rehab game or two.

And no, I am not saying a called it.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

You didn't see Ynoa go 3.1 innings and allow one run?

I positively wonder if Hyde see his mistake.  After both on Cobb last two outings  Hyde says Cobb is still shaking off the rust.   But he did not send to the minors for a rehab game or two.

And no, I am not saying a called it.

That does look like a mistake.   But there’s no undoing it now.   

2 hours ago, tntoriole said:

Trey leading the AL in hits....he has had professional at bats all season.  

He’s really looked dialed in.    Not overswinging, just letting the game to him, spraying the ball all over with mustard on it.   

On 4/25/2019 at 3:44 AM, Frobby said:

Mullins and Davis extraordinarily skewed that bottom-four stat. Maybe Rickard and Wilkerson will pick it up and Crush has got to improve now that the 0-fer is over (fingers crossed). One wd also think that Martin has to improve. On the other hand, I don't know if Alberto's performance is sustainable.

Archived