Ryne Ogren (Acquired for Mike Wright)

OFFNY

o

MODERATORS: ) Much appreciated if you would allow this some airtime in the Orioles Talk section, before transferring it to the Minor League section ........ Ogren is the player acquired from the Mariners for Mike Wright.

Ogren was a 12th-round draft choice of the Mariners in 2018, after having played 3 years at Elon College. He was playing for the Regular-A West Virginia Power this season prior to today's trade, playing in 12 games for them.

These are his accomplishments (in reverse chronological order) from when he played for Elon University, prior to being drafted.

Honors & Awards

• Brooks Wallace Award Watch List (2018)

• First-team All-CAA (2018)

• First-team NCCSIA All-State

• CAA Player of the Week (Feb. 27, 2018)

• co-CAA Player of the Week (May 14, 2018)

• Team MVP (2017, 2018)

• First-team All-CAA (2017)

• CAA All-Academic Team (2017)

• Team's Freshman of the Year (2016)

• Third-team All-CAA (2016)

• CAA All-Rookie Team (2016)

• CAA Rookie of the Week (May 2, 2016)

• CAA Rookie of the Week (April 25, 2016)

SOURCE:) https://elonphoenix.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5306

These are his statistics from his professional baseball career to-date.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=ogren-000ryn

o

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My question is what are they going to do with this guy?    We already have Adam Hall, Cadyn Grenier and JC Encarnacion at 2B/SS/3B at Delmarva, the level that Ogren is at now.   Plus Branden Becker as the utility guy.   I don’t see Ogren as an upgrade to any of them.   

Just now, Frobby said:

My question is what are they going to do with this guy?    We already have Adam Hall, Cadyn Grenier and JC Encarnacion at 2B/SS/3B at Delmarva, the level that Ogren is at now.   Plus Branden Becker as the utility guy.   I don’t see Ogren as an upgrade to any of them.   

Could Hall see a bump to Frederick soon? He's playing well. 

22 minutes ago, interloper said:

Could Hall see a bump to Frederick soon? He's playing well. 

Cadyn Grenier hasn't necessarily earned it yet (OPSing a respectable .764 through 15 games after putting up a .630 in 162 ABs last year), but I wouldn't be opposed to pushing him to Frederick, as he's already 22 in low-A.  Though Mason McCoy is off to a huge start at SS in Frederick (OPSing .902),  from my understanding most folks don't really consider him a genuine prospect (he just turned 24), and there is room for another middle infielder there.

21 minutes ago, Frobby said:

There’s a blurb on Ogren in here:  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lookoutlanding.com/platform/amp/2019/2/26/18241084/2019-mariners-top-prospects-the-ones-who-just-missed.    Seen as a defense-first player who should be able to stick at SS.

I remember seeing his name a couple times prepping for the 2018 draft, I haven’t seen him play though. If I remember correctly he was a polished approach contact over power guy who had virtually no power with a wood bat.

I have a Lotta respect for Jerry DiPoto, and I think he’s generally done very well with the Mariners, with a couple of glaring exceptions.

Smith for Gallardo?

Poor, Jerry...poor...

Picking up Wright?

ummmmmJerry......

better stock up on the glue. You picked the wrong week.

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Ogren is listed on the Aberdeen roster.

http://www.milb.com/roster/index.jsp?sid=t488

Archived