Question for Luke:

3 hours ago, higgybaby said:

Who was the best prospect that you ever watched film on and evaluated?

Mostly talking other teams prospects because you already know my O’s prospect thoughts.

This is kind of an easy question because I’ve only been doing this seriously for a few years and before that I was just watching Orioles prospects.

Vlad Guerrero Jr by a decent margin. 

Then Acuna, whose tools were off the chart but he had some plate discipline issues. 

Keston Hiura, William Contreras, Issac Paredes, Heliot Ramos are others who off the top of my head really stood out immediately for one reason or another.

Forrest Whitley was the best pitching prospect I’ve seen live, with pre TJS Bundy being the second although I wasn’t really trying to evaluate him. 

I saw Machado live back in the day, but wasn’t trying to evaluate him. 

I’ve only being doing draft stuff for 3 years now, 2 seriously. Hiura was probably the best hitter I’ve scouted on video for the draft. Rutschman is right up there, more power, a little less barrel control, and provides much more defensive value. Rutschman is the best draft prospect I’ve seen in the 3 years, he’s a tier above the Madrigal, Mize, Bohm, Kelenic, Gilbert group I had at the top of the 2018 draft. He’s below Vlad, Acuna, and Whitley but ahead of everyone else I’ve seriously evaluated (doesn’t include Machado or pre TJS Bundy)

56 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Mostly talking other teams prospects because you already know my O’s prospect thoughts.

This is kind of an easy question because I’ve only been doing this seriously for a few years and before that I was just watching Orioles prospects.

Vlad Guerrero Jr by a decent margin. 

Then Acuna, whose tools were off the chart but he had some plate discipline issues. 

Keston Hiura, William Contreras, Issac Paredes, Heliot Ramos are others who off the top of my head really stood out immediately for one reason or another.

Forrest Whitley was the best pitching prospect I’ve seen live, with pre TJS Bundy being the second although I wasn’t really trying to evaluate him. 

I saw Machado live back in the day, but wasn’t trying to evaluate him. 

I’ve only being doing draft stuff for 3 years now, 2 seriously. Hiura was probably the best hitter I’ve scouted on video for the draft. Rutschman is right up there, more power, a little less barrel control, and provides much more defensive value. Rutschman is the best draft prospect I’ve seen in the 3 years, he’s a tier above the Madrigal, Mize, Bohm, Kelenic, Gilbert group I had at the top of the 2018 draft. He’s below Vlad, Acuna, and Whitley but ahead of everyone else I’ve seriously evaluated (doesn’t include Machado or pre TJS Bundy)

Man I really appreciate your insight and perspective. Yeah I was going for the non-oriole prospects. 

I was trying to gauge where Adley compares to these top prospects that you have evaluated. 

Thanks!

Archived