Dean Kremer 2019

Frobby

His ERA Is below 3,00 now and would be in the top five in the league if he had enough innings. He could end up with 10-12 wins, and that's even with him starting the season late. Kremeber could end up being the best pitcher on the current Bowie staff.

21 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Any chance he gets a cup of coffee in September?

Of the Bowie pitchers, he is the most likely to get a cup of coffee for two reasons:

(1) He has to be added to the 40-man roster in the off-season anyway.

(2) He threw 131 and a third innings last year and has only thrown 94 and a third innings this year, so he isn't up against an innings cap.

I don't think we have enough information about Elias' philosophy on call-ups as this is his first September to know whether he might get a call, but I would imagine it is at least a possibility.

26 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Of the Bowie pitchers, he is the most likely to get a cup of coffee for two reasons:

(1) He has to be added to the 40-man roster in the off-season anyway.

(2) He threw 131 and a third innings last year and has only thrown 94 and a third innings this year, so he isn't up against an innings cap.

I don't think we have enough information about Elias' philosophy on call-ups as this is his first September to know whether he might get a call, but I would imagine it is at least a possibility.

Good post and I agree.  I'm pretty high on him, so would love to at least get a taste of how his stuff plays in MLB.

Hoping he is a solid #3 for us whenever we are competitive.

2 minutes ago, cboemmeljr said:

Looks like he has been promoted to Norfolk.  He is listed as tonight's starter in Syracuse.

https://www.milb.com/gameday/tides-vs-mets/2019/08/16/575990#game_state=preview,lock_state=preview,game_tab=,game=575990

That is a head scratcher.   If they are trying to make the playoffs at Bowie, why promote Kremer to AAA?

34 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I know you aren't trying to be funny but ..... the minors are primarily about player development.

You are probably right but its still strange.     Bowie is 2 out with 18 to play.   Kremer had 4 starts left which could have made an impact.

If you are talking player development how about getting some of the O's best prospects to experience the playoffs at the AA level.   That could help development of more than one player.

And why now?  They could have promoted Kremer and Lowther at the half way point.

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

1. Kremer has to be added to 40 man this year

2. Tony said he looked best he's seen him all year in his last start

3. O's may want to take a look in September.

4. O's may want to give him a few AAA starts with ML ball to prepare him.

Or it may be none of those but I don't care about the AA playoffs anyway.

If Kremer gets a promotion to the O's in September that would be counter to everything Elias has been preaching since he was hired.   That would be rushing him.

It would appear that Elias does not care about the AA playoffs either which is surprise to me.