The Silver Lining Report: Games 41 & 42/162 (O's lose 5-3; 3-1)

interloper

A double-header sweep at the hands of the Yankees is no fun, but here's the positives:

Game 1

• David Hess: The silver lining is he was able to go 6 innings, which, in a double-header scenario is very helpful overall. Only 1 walk.

• Branden Kline: Love when this guy pitches well. There were some hard-hit balls against him, but he at the end of the day he put up 2 scoreless innings with just the one baserunner allowed. ERA continues to fall and is at 4.82 currently. 

• Trey Mancini: A solo shot as he continues to round back into form following the HBP a few games ago.

• Renato Nunez: It's been awhile since I called Renato's name, but he took one deep today. Will he find his way out of the slump? 

• Austin Wynns: A nice day at the plate for Austin. 2-hit game with an RBI double.

• Joey Rickard: How about hitting a ground rule double off Chapman?

Game 2

• ?Andrew Cashner: Wow, who is this guy? Another QS for 6 IP, 2 ER with 7 Ks. GET YER DEADLINE PITCHER HERE

• Paul Fry: Pickoff!

• Hanser Alberto: Sac fly to prevent the shutout.

• Uhhhh ?

Overall

• I guess the overall silver lining is we didn't get blown out in this double-header, nor did we blow out the bullpen. Forced the Yanks to use Britton and Chapman twice in the same day (for a team with that many injuries, that seems... questionable). Just didn't find a lot of offense, which I'll take any day of the week to "didn't find any pitching". 

42 minutes ago, interloper said:

A double-header sweep at the hands of the Yankees is no fun, but here's the positives:

Game 1

• David Hess: The silver lining is he was able to go 6 innings, which, in a double-header scenario is very helpful overall. Only 1 walk.

• Branden Kline: Love when this guy pitches well. There were some hard-hit balls against him, but he at the end of the day he put up 2 scoreless innings with just the one baserunner allowed. ERA continues to fall and is at 4.82 currently. 

• Trey Mancini: A solo shot as he continues to round back into form following the HBP a few games ago.

• Renato Nunez: It's been awhile since I called Renato's name, but he took one deep today. Will he find his way out of the slump? 

• Austin Wynns: A nice day at the plate for Austin. 2-hit game with an RBI double.

• Joey Rickard: How about hitting a ground rule double off Chapman?

Game 2

• ?Andrew Cashner: Wow, who is this guy? Another QS for 6 IP, 2 ER with 7 Ks. GET YER DEADLINE PITCHER HERE

• Paul Fry: Pickoff!

• Hanser Alberto: Sac fly to prevent the shutout.

• Uhhhh ?

Overall

• I guess the overall silver lining is we didn't get blown out in this double-header, nor did we blow out the bullpen. Forced the Yanks to use Britton and Chapman twice in the same day (for a team with that many injuries, that seems... questionable). Just didn't find a lot of offense, which I'll take any day of the week to "didn't find any pitching". 

Especially with the 26th-man allowance for doubleheaders.

Archived