The Silver Lining Report: Game 44/162 (O's win 5-1)

interloper

They looked like a real baseball team!

• ?Dylan Bundy: Good Bundy!! 0 ER over 5.2 IP with 7 Ks while throwing 118 pitches. I'm all for just riding that arm if he's having a good game, and it seems Hyde agrees. Threw a ton of changeups and I feel like that's obviously how he's going to have more success. Do that more. Also, hey, the ERA is approaching respectability at 4.66.

• Branden Kline: Great! He's been looking like a capable MLer recently and I hope it continues. 

• Shawn Armstrong: After a hiccup in his last game where he finally allowed an ER as an Oriole, he's back to his old ways with a strong inning allowing no baserunners and striking out 2. Mike Wright has allowed runs in his last 3 appearances, meanwhile.

• Mychal Givens: Strong! 2 Ks. He's 100% rolling right now. 

• ?Jonathan Villar: A shaky day in the field but not at the plate, as he launched a Weaver, which would be all the O's need in this one.

• Stevie Wilkerson: What's gotten into Stevie? Another home run, his 4th, an RBI double, and a great (if squirrelly) catch in CF. ?‍♂️

• Austin Wynns: Just a good all around night. Called a good game, it would seem, had two hits and a walk. 

• Mini ?s: Davis is still in a place where going 1-4 raises his average. He's at .192. A double each for Nunez, Ruiz, and Mancini. 

• No insanely embarrassing play in the field for the national media to latch onto

• Brandon Hyde: Nice call to leave Bundy in. In postgame interviews, he said he noticed Bundy was still carrying his stuff in the 6th. I like that he's a guy who notices how the pitcher is actually pitching. 

Archived