The Silver Lining Report: Games 45 & 46/162 (O's lose 5-1; lose 10-0)

interloper

Wrapping up the rest of this series...

Game 45

• John Means: I thought he pitched a little better than it appeared. He didn't have his best stuff/command, but he had some seeing-eye grounders as well. All told he gutted out 5 innings and didn't implode, which is definitely a positive. 

• Paul Fry: Back on track with 2 scoreless, no-hit innings. ?

• Trey Mancini: DONG. Literally the one hit the Orioles got, so it's nice that he made it count.

• Time of Game: 2:36!! 

Game 46

• Richard Bleier: A decent 2-inning appearance, allowing a run but only 1 hit. Hopefully rounding himself into form.

• Miguel Castro: A scoreless inning after a recent bumpy stretch after a recent very good stretch after a recent very bad stretch. 

• Stevie Wilkerson: Another highlight worthy catch in CF, most likely because he's not taking the best route or getting the best read, BUT STILL. He did catch the ball. And got a hit.

• Jonathan Villar: Very nice diving play at 2B and tacked on a single. 

• Time of Game: 2:49!!

Overall

• A silver lining for me is that we're quickly approaching the part of the season where some big picture decisions will start being made. Call-ups, trades, draft picks, DFAs, etc. I think we're going to start seeing some moves pretty soon as the shine this squad started the season with has rubbed off a little bit. That's ok! They still appear to play hard and care, but recently the lack of talent has caught up in a big way. If you're losing interest, the good news is I think changes will be coming soon. 

Enjoy your Monday! 

6 minutes ago, interloper said:

Wrapping up the rest of this series...

Game 45

• John Means: I thought he pitched a little better than it appeared. He didn't have his best stuff/command, but he had some seeing-eye grounders as well. All told he gutted out 5 innings and didn't implode, which is definitely a positive. 

• Paul Fry: Back on track with 2 scoreless, no-hit innings. ?

• Trey Mancini: DONG. Literally the one hit the Orioles got, so it's nice that he made it count.

• Time of Game: 2:36!! 

Game 46

• Richard Bleier: A decent 2-inning appearance, allowing a run but only 1 hit. Hopefully rounding himself into form.

• Miguel Castro: A scoreless inning after a recent bumpy stretch after a recent very good stretch after a recent very bad stretch. 

• Stevie Wilkerson: Another highlight worthy catch in CF, most likely because he's not taking the best route or getting the best read, BUT STILL. He did catch the ball. And got a hit.

• Jonathan Villar: Very nice diving play at 2B and tacked on a single. 

• Time of Game: 2:49!!

Overall

• A silver lining for me is that we're quickly approaching the part of the season where some big picture decisions will start being made. Call-ups, trades, draft picks, DFAs, etc. I think we're going to start seeing some moves pretty soon as the shine this squad started the season with has rubbed off a little bit. That's ok! They still appear to play hard and care, but recently the lack of talent has caught up in a big way. If you're losing interest, the good news is I think changes will be coming soon. 

Enjoy your Monday! 

Adios Yefry for now.  Call-up?  Jon's diving play recapped.

Archived