Mancini Trade Package

bird watcher

1 hour ago, jgjbanker said:

For those of you more knowledge than me, if ME decides to move Trey, what would be a reasonable package we could expect to get back for him? 

Mancini is hitting well, but I just can’t think that a one dimensional player has that much value. He’s useless to the National League because they don’t have a DH, and anybody who wants a first baseman can get a cheaper and better-if older- one in Justin Smoak. He would bring back something, but I don’t think it would be anything particularly noteworthy.

1 hour ago, Philip said:

Mancini is hitting well, but I just can’t think that a one dimensional player has that much value. He’s useless to the National League because they don’t have a DH, and anybody who wants a first baseman can get a cheaper and better-if older- one in Justin Smoak. He would bring back something, but I don’t think it would be anything particularly noteworthy.

Do you think that the older, more expensive, less productive, Justin Smoak with less service time remaining is a more valuable trade chip than Mancini?

I think you can wait at least a year on Mancini. Unless I can get a guy I am pretty darn sure will be a productive major leaguer, regardless of top 100 or 10 lists, then I will wait on trading him for another year and hope the trade market is better. He's got 3.5 years of service left, I'm not trading him for Luis Ortiz.