Mancini Trade Package

bird watcher

1 hour ago, weams said:

I feel that the inability to move Mancini and Givens has been a low point for the new management. Maybe a deadline deal changes my thoughts. 

Silly me, I enjoy it when the Orioles have a decent hitter in their lineup.    They can trade him if they get a good offer, but they don’t need to move him just to move him.   Givens had a down year last year and will be worth more at this year’s deadline if he’s had a better season.    

1 hour ago, weams said:

I feel that the inability to move Mancini and Givens has been a low point for the new management. Maybe a deadline deal changes my thoughts. 

I have a feeling they want to keep Mancini long-term. If they get a good deal, they will trade him. But, I think their plan is to keep him around. He won't be particularly expensive to extend.

1 hour ago, weams said:

You think that new management should "take what they can get" for Mancini now instead of working towards potentially having a competitive team in 2022?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, weams said:

For Mancini it was a flooded market this offseason.  Ozuna took a one year deal.  Castellanos got bailed out that Cinncy is "going for it".  

Givens is a 6th/7th/8th inning guy.  In the offseason, teams want to try their own guys first before they go out and make a deal for a guy like Givens.  If Givens pitches like his career norms, there will be offers.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Silly me, I enjoy it when the Orioles have a decent hitter in their lineup.    They can trade him if they get a good offer, but they don’t need to move him just to move him.   Givens had a down year last year and will be worth more at this year’s deadline if he’s had a better season.    

Fredi, like you,  loves him!  ?

“I’m really looking forward to spending a little time with Trey Mancini. I was going to the airport, and he was on the radio, MLB Radio. He was there for an hour, and he was unbelievable, the stuff that was coming out of his mouth, and the passion for the game. I’m like, ‘I can’t wait to spend the summer with this young man.’ This guy is a special person.”

https://www.baltimorebaseball.com/2020/02/05/fredi-gonzalez-breaks-years-managerial-experience-orioles-coaching-staff/

• Thanks 2