Tillman mowing down Binghamton

Ozone

I went to the game today. MacPhail was there again all day. After an amazing comeback by the BaySox. (Down 8-2) . We won on a walk off homerun. Winning 9-8.

I went up to MacPhail and shook his hand and told him he was doing a great job. He said thanks. LOL. I did it!

You should have sucker punched him for SG for not promoting Wieters yet! :D

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tillman had a great write-up as #4 in BA's hot sheet. I think they over-praised him, but judge for yourself:

Normally, Matt Wieters is the Bowie Hot Sheet mainstay, but Tillman is about as good of a pitching prospect as you will find in the minors. Sometimes it's easy to forget just how young Tillman is, which makes his 114 strikeouts in 106 2/3 innings that much more impressive. How the Orioles were able to get Tillman included in the package that Seattle sent to Baltimore that already included Adam Jones, George Sherrill, Kam Mickolio and Tony Butler is mind-boggling. Next year Bedard will be in his last arbitration-eligible year for the Mariners and he will likely make around $9-$10 million. With the Mariners nowhere near contention this year, and unlikely to be anywhere close next year, Tillman's value alone could make the trade a net loss for the Mariners and a giant coup for the Orioles.

Archived