2019 Trade Deadline

sportsfan8703

23 minutes ago, interloper said:

I admit he's more valuable to a team like the O's than any other team, but it was just a thought.

-0.5 WAR, but 8 home runs, and can play all 3 OF positions and most infield positions. He's also OPSing .786 in July. 

Flexibility doesn't matter that much if you don't hit enough to provide value at any of the positions. Contenders aren't adding guys with no track record, no pedigree on the hopes that maybe they are going to improve enough to help them. 

Just now, Luke-OH said:

Flexibility doesn't matter that much if you don't hit enough to provide value at any of the positions. Contenders aren't adding guys with no track record, no pedigree on the hopes that maybe they are going to improve enough to help them. 

Yeah, fair enough. 

1 minute ago, Greg Pappas said:

I believe Paul Fry will be dealt... not sure what he'd net in return (low-A/rookie lottery ticket?), but I hope to find out soon enough.

Wonder if they'd pair him with Givens.  Kind of like a poor man's Sean Doolittle, Ryan Madson trade from two years ago

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

I believe Paul Fry will be dealt... not sure what he'd net in return (low-A/rookie lottery ticket?), but I hope to find out soon enough.

Man that would be rough haha. He's been as solid as you could have hoped. The bullpen with neither him nor Givens in it would be pretttttttaayyyy bad. 

5 minutes ago, interloper said:

Man that would be rough haha. He's been as solid as you could have hoped. The bullpen with neither him nor Givens in it would be pretttttttaayyyy bad. 

Gotta wonder if they would call of Harvey and Tate if they deal both of those guys.  Don't see anyone other then I guess Strailey at AAA

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

Elias should be motivated to trade Villar.  Salary relief and a DSL player.   

It will take much more to get Givens IMO.  The motivation is much less to trade him or Trey.

We can agree to disagree on Villar. You don't trade hm for salary relief and another long shot. He has another year of control and he's a good MLB player. Certainly not a blockbuster but definitely worth more than some of you guys think.

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

We can agree to disagree on Villar. You don't trade hm for salary relief and another long shot. He has another year of control and he's a good MLB player. Certainly not a blockbuster but definitely worth more than some of you guys think.

I'd say serviceable before I would say good.

5 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

He will probably get 7m in arbitration this off season.  The O's don't need to pay that for his final season before FA when they expect to lose next year.  He is a non tender candidate IMO if he is not traded in the next few days.

2 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

Now why would they trade Fry for a rookie lottery ticket?    IMO they either get something worth having or they keep him just like most of the rest of the team.

• Like 1