O's claim IF Jose Rondon from White Sox

interloper

2 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

The reason should become more apparent sometime very soon. Elias has got this (not saying you disagree). 

How is Rondon significantly (or any) better than Reinheimer, Vincej, or Vielma?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NCRaven said:

How is Rondon significantly (or any) better than Reinheimer, Vincej, or Vielma?

He's not, per se, but he's got big league experience, decent MiLB numbers, and can play everywhere. It's just more inventory. 

1 minute ago, Greg Pappas said:

I don't know. I do know that I trust Elias to make smart decisions until he shows a history of poor decisions.

Don't you think they will DFA him and try to get him through? 

6 minutes ago, weams said:

Don't you think they will DFA him and try to get him through? 

Rondon? Maybe so. I cannot foresee what Elias is thinking. There is a LOT going on behind the scenes as the deadline looms, and it's tough trying to understand these seemingly small moves without any inkling of what Elias is dealing with.

EDIT: Roch just chimed in... 

The Orioles are seeking a trade partner for middle infielder Jonathan Villar. Hanser Alberto also is a potential chip with the deadline set for 4 p.m. Wednesday.

Rondón would be a convenient replacement.

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

But why? He’s terrible and we have multiple guys in the minors who are as able. Plus this guy has no options. Even if a trade happens there’s no justification for this acquisition.

Are you mad about not giving the Norfolk IF's a shot at the 25-man or something? None of them are prospects. 

You're overreacting big time here. 

This team needs to collect as many people that can play SS as possible. Plus, uh, someone has to play infield at Norfolk if Villar/Alberto are traded. You can't just call two guys up, especially if you're development plans call for leaving some of them in Bowie. 

Archived