Scherzer / CD Over / Under

webbrick2010

So assuming Chris Davis gets 3 AB's against Scherzer, I figure that is about a 90% chance of 3 strike outs

So the real challenge is how many pitches will it take?

Scherzer is a no nonsense sort of pitcher, so I'm thinking 11 pitches to get the hat trick

What you say??

Just now, webbrick2010 said:

So assuming Chris Davis gets 3 AB's against Scherzer, I figure that is about a 90% chance of 3 strike outs

Scherzer is a no nonsense sort of pitcher, so I'm thinking 11 pitches to get the hat trick

What you say??

I’d say you were probably about right.   

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

But, for what it’s worth, Davis has only struck out 9 times in 32 PA vs. Scherzer.    In each of the last two years, he’s gone 1 for 3 with one strikeout.    So maybe there’s hope.   

https://www.baseball-reference.com/play-index/batter_vs_pitcher.cgi?batter=davisch02&pitcher=scherma01

Hyde must like individual matchup numbers. Only explanation for putting Davis in the lineup, ever.

5 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

CD is our ace in the hole for gunning for the 1:1 draft pick.

We are a better team when he doesn't play.

Maybe, but our record says that whether Davis plays is largely irrelevant.   

Overall: 44-88 (.333)

Davis starts: 25-50 (.333)

Davis plays: 31-63 (.330)

Max is rusty and working himself back into shape.  I'm thinking that CD runs into one early in the count and finds the soft underbelly right in front of phenom Juan Soto in his first AB.  Max should be outta there by his second AB.  Max is just the opener right?  If Max lasts, he will find a way to retire Chris his next AB.  I'll say 11 pitches in two AB's.

o

It's very likely that the Scherzer, one of the best pitchers in baseball, mows through not only Chris Davis, but just about all of the Orioles tonight ........ hurray for webbrick for stomping on the balls of a team that is well on its way to its 2nd consecutive 100-plus loss season, and particularly on the testes of their worst offensive player (Chris Davis.)

Then again, very few people would have believed it if you had told them at 7 PM last night that the Washington Nationals, whom were offensively the hottest team in the Majors having scored 128 Runs in their last 14 games over a 2-week stretch (an average of 9.14 Runs-Per-Game), would be shut down and out by Aaron Brooks and the Orioles' bullpen.

o

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

But, for what it’s worth, Davis has only struck out 9 times in 32 PA vs. Scherzer.    In each of the last two years, he’s gone 1 for 3 with one strikeout.    So maybe there’s hope.   

https://www.baseball-reference.com/play-index/batter_vs_pitcher.cgi?batter=davisch02&pitcher=scherma01

He also is riding an 8 at bat non-strikeout streak, which might be close to his longest of the season.   He hasn't struck out since August 18 in Boston.   He has put the ball in play 8 straight plate appearances since then (going 0 for 8).

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

Hyde must like individual matchup numbers. Only explanation for putting Davis in the lineup, ever.

Scherzer in his career:

Lefties OPS .716 off him

Righties OPS .577 off him

So Hyde maxed out with 7 lefties in the lineup tonight.   That's why Davis is in the lineup, not any individual Earl Weaver index card stats.

1 hour ago, webbrick2010 said:

What you say??

1 bomb, 1 double, 1 backwards k

Archived