Which prospects do you anticipate seeing in Baltimore next season?

wildcard

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

So the O's have one of the worst pens in baseball but you are not worried about losing minor league relievers in the Rule 5 draft?

As I said, I do not believe they’ll be claimed.    And if they are claimed, I do not believe they’ll be materially better than guys we can pick up off the waiver wire.    

46 minutes ago, Frobby said:

As I said, I do not believe they’ll be claimed.    And if they are claimed, I do not believe they’ll be materially better than guys we can pick up off the waiver wire.    

OK so lets look at the pitchers that Elias as acquired through the waiver wire or purchased for cash or FA.  Age are at the time they were aquired.  There are 13 of them.

Armstrong  28

Brooks 29

Eades 27'

Hanhold 25

Tayler Scott 27

Sulser 29

Wojciechowski 30

Josh Lucas 28 Signed as a FA

Eshelman 24

Shepherd  26

Staily 30 Signed as FA

Blach 28

Karns 31

They are mostly older then the three that we are talking about

and here are the 3 minor league reliever we a talking about

Alvarado  25

Klimek 25

Muckerhim 24

All three are still developing pitchers.

So I think there is a difference from what Elias as acquired for the waiver wire.purchase or FA.

44 minutes ago, wildcard said:

OK so lets look at the pitchers that Elias as acquired through the waiver wire or purchased for cash or FA.  Age are at the time they were aquired.  There are 13 of them.

Armstrong  28

Brooks 29

Eades 27'

Hanhold 25

Tayler Scott 27

Sulser 29

Wojciechowski 30

Josh Lucas 28 Signed as a FA

Eshelman 24

Shepherd  26

Staily 30 Signed as FA

Blach 28

Karns 31

They are mostly older then the three that we are talking about

and here are the 3 minor league reliever we a talking about

Alvarado  25

Klimek 25

Muckerhim 24

All three are still developing pitchers.

So I think there is a difference from what Elias as acquired for the waiver wire.purchase or FA.

I guess you just have a higher opinion of these guys than I do.   I’m not saying they’ll never pitch in the majors, but I see them all as AAAA guys at best.     I’m not going to lose any sleep over the risk they get picked in the Rule 5 draft.    And yes, I could be proven wrong.    

11 hours ago, Frobby said:

I guess you just have a higher opinion of these guys than I do.   I’m not saying they’ll never pitch in the majors, but I see them all as AAAA guys at best.     I’m not going to lose any sleep over the risk they get picked in the Rule 5 draft.    And yes, I could be proven wrong.    

I think there is room to protect one.   At least right now.   I think if any one of them gets picked its a loss considering the state of the pen.   I can't pick which one would be protected.  I don't know them well enough to do that.

The 40 man roster is tighter than people realize.   I think there are three spots open.  Two starter/long relievers and one SS/3B  guy.   After that the O's will have to cut someone that could help them to pickup someone else.