Which prospects do you anticipate seeing in Baltimore next season?

wildcard

21 minutes ago, Frobby said:

In order of likelihood:

Mountcastle

Akin

Kremer

Lowther

Diaz

Baumann

Bannon

Wells

The first two are the only ones I consider likely.    The rest are possibilities. 

I believe there is no real reason to hold back Akin and Mouncastle is coming whether we like it here or not. His defense wherever he plays will be adequate. Eddie Murray was the DH initially with Lee May at 1B. I agree on the rest. Maybes but not probables. 

5 minutes ago, weams said:

I believe there is no real reason to hold back Akin and Mouncastle is coming whether we like it here or not. His defense wherever he plays will be adequate. Eddie Murray was the DH initially with Lee May at 1B. I agree on the rest. Maybes but not probables. 

That is the first time I've seen adequate when describing Montcastle. Not ever seeing him play, I got the idea from experts here he had hands like a brick, no arm and little range.

46 minutes ago, weams said:

You and Frobby are spot on.

Most will depend on their own performances.

38 minutes ago, UpstateNYfan said:

That is the first time I've seen adequate when describing Montcastle. Not ever seeing him play, I got the idea from experts here he had hands like a brick, no arm and little range.

I’ve never seen any criticism of Mountcastle’s hands.    It’s always been his arm that was the big issue.   

The guy would not have spent several years at SS and 3B if his hands and athleticism were poor.   I’d expect him to be fine at 1B and in LF, but his arm will still be below average.   

55 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

I'd add Zimmerman, Alvarado and Muckenhirn

I agree those are all possible.    Personally, I tend to skip over the reliever types when thinking of “prospects,” unless they are potential back end guys.    I think Muckenhirn and Alvarado fit in the category of guys who may see major league time over a couple of seasons, but are more likely to be AAAA types who don’t stick.    I have higher hopes for the others I listed, though reality is that some of them probably will share that fate.    As to Zimmermann, I simply forgot him.    I’d slot him in the Bannon/Wells range.   

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’ve never seen any criticism of Mountcastle’s hands.    It’s always been his arm that was the big issue.   

The guy would not have spent several years at SS and 3B if his hands and athleticism were poor.   I’d expect him to be fine at 1B and in LF, but his arm will still be below average.   

Arm and range, was his issues, my old senile memory seams to recall. :)