Which prospects do you anticipate seeing in Baltimore next season?

wildcard

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I am not worried about losing Alvarado, Muckenhirn, Klimek or Cumberland.    I doubt any of them would be claimed, and it would be no great loss if they were.     

So the O's have one of the worst pens in baseball but you are not worried about losing minor league relievers in the Rule 5 draft?

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Sounds like you know more about Alvarado, Klimek and Muckerhim than I do.  Their numbers look pretty good.

No sir.

Im with Frobby, I am not going to lose any sleep on either of them, one way or another.

Sorry MIL numbers against MIL players, can only do so much.

To get back to where this team was, it takes the quality arms, like Bach, ODay, Britton, etc., IMO

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

No sir.

Im with Frobby, I am not going to lose any sleep on either of them, one way or another.

Sorry MIL numbers against MIL players, can only do so much.

To get back to where this team was, it takes the quality arms, like Bach, ODay, Britton, etc., IMO

And you know that the Alvarado, Muckerhim and Klimek will not develop into quality ML relievers?

46 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Probability odds, are not all 3 will.

But, you assume they will.

agree to disagree, and revisit this in 2021.

All three almost definitely will not, but 1 may. I agree that they don't need to be protected, because I think they are only slightly better than some of the waiver wire types and they aren't a big loss if one of them goes, they aren't high upside types. 

Your point from your earlier post about needing guys like Brach, O'Day, and Britton is interesting because Brach and O'Day were very much Alvarado, Muckenhirn, and Klimek types. Neither were ever top 20 org prospects, both were older guys who put up good numbers in AA in their age 24-25 seasons like those three Wildcard mentioned. Alvarado and Muckenhirn both throw harder than Brach did when he made his MLB debut. Klimek has a better out pitch than Brach or O'Day. That's not saying that any of them are likely to be more than up and down arms, but then again, neither were Brach or O'Day.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

All three almost definitely will not, but 1 may. I agree that they don't need to be protected, because I think they are only slightly better than some of the waiver wire types and they aren't a big loss if one of them goes, they aren't high upside types. 

Your point from your earlier post about needing guys like Brach, O'Day, and Britton is interesting because Brach and O'Day were very much Alvarado, Muckenhirn, and Klimek types. Neither were ever top 20 org prospects, both were older guys who put up good numbers in AA in their age 24-25 seasons like those three Wildcard mentioned. Alvarado and Muckenhirn both throw harder than Brach did when he made his MLB debut. Klimek has a better out pitch than Brach or O'Day. That's not saying that any of them are likely to be more than up and down arms, but then again, neither were Brach or O'Day.

But Bach and ODay had big league experience before coming over, granted they had done their MIL pitching first.

Britton was probably one foot out the door, until he found his dominating pitch.

Im not saying any of these 3 might not make it, with major league arms, so many end up like the Mike Wrights of the world. Just not going to hold my breath.

Heck, the blue chip prospects like Guasman and Bundy dont always pan out.

2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

But Bach and ODay had big league experience before coming over, granted they had done their MIL pitching first.

Britton was probably one foot out the door, until he found his dominating pitch.

Im not saying any of these 3 might not make it, with major league arms, so many end up like the Mike Wrights of the world. Just not going to hold my breath.

Heck, the blue chip prospects like Guasman and Bundy dont always pan out.

Yeah, O'Day and Brach were both MLB guys who hadn't put it together when the Orioles acquired them, but I just wanted to point out that they were in a similar position as those AA relievers at the same age. 

Edit: O'Day had some good years, but was coming off a bad year

9 hours ago, wildcard said:

So if we go through the player mentioned here are the position that are expect to be effected:    (BOLD means eligible for the Rule 5 draft.) 

Starters - (6) (2) Akin, Kremer, Lowther, Baumann. Wells , Zimmerman 

Relievers - (7)  (3)  Harvey, Alvarado, Muckerhim, Tate, Kline, Klimek(Tony has mentioned), Pop

Catcher - (1) Cumberland

Outfielders - (5) (3)Hays, Mountcastle, Diaz, Mullins, McKenna

Infielders - Bannon, McCoy 

That would be 21 players that played mostly or completely in the minors that would see some action in the majors this year..

And (9) players that need to be protected from the Rule 5 draft.  Can the O's protect them all?  Should they?

That's a lot of players.

You didn't mention him but I think Sedlock needs to be protected this year.

1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

Yeah, O'Day and Brach were both MLB guys who hadn't put it together when the Orioles acquired them, but I just wanted to point out that they were in a similar position as those AA relievers at the same age. 

I will concede Brach.

ODay, no, he had posted two 2.4 WARs in Texas in 136 games.

But, I will totally agree, 1 of these 3 could become a serviceable MLB arm.

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

I will concede Brach.

ODay, no, he had posted two 2.4 WARs in Texas in 136 games.

But, I will totally agree, 1 of these 3 could become a serviceable MLB arm.

Yeah, edited the post to correct it moments later. He was just coming off a bad year.