Thread re: other teams discards?

Philip

Hi folks, happy daylight savings time extra hour of sleep day!

Is there a single thread already devoted To the discards, the declined options and other culls of the other teams?

I’ve read several posts about this guy or that guy cut loose by this or that team, but it would be great if they could all be put into one thread.

My own feeling is that half of our rotation, most of our bullpen, and half of our infield will be manned by guys acquired from that collection of chaff, and it would be great if everybody was all together.

21 minutes ago, Philip said:

Hi folks, happy daylight savings time extra hour of sleep day!

Is there a single thread already devoted To the discards, the declined options and other culls of the other teams?

I’ve read several posts about this guy or that guy cut loose by this or that team, but it would be great if they could all be put into one thread.

My own feeling is that half of our rotation, most of our bullpen, and half of our infield will be manned by guys acquired from that collection of chaff, and it would be great if everybody was all together.

Here's a list of free agents (includes as yet unsigned players who were on a MLB 40 man roster in 2019):
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/08/2019-20-mlb-free-agents.html

3 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Lots of 30ish ball players. I didn’t see his numbers this year but Wacha is only 28. He might be a good pickup to help stabilize the rotation

Won’t he be too expensive? I haven’t followed him last couple years but he was lights out for a long time.

10 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Lots of 30ish ball players. I didn’t see his numbers this year but Wacha is only 28. He might be a good pickup to help stabilize the rotation

I don’t think we’re looking to stabilize a rotation. I think we’re looking to roll with what we have, pickup up some guys off waivers/Rule 5/MILB FA, and lose 100 games. I don’t see us giving a contract to an outsider over the league min. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I don’t think we’re looking to stabilize a rotation. I think we’re looking to roll with what we have, pickup up some guys off waivers/Rule 5/MILB FA, and lose 100 games. I don’t see us giving a contract to an outsider over the league min. 

You probably can't get him for the minimum. But no one is breaking the bank for him. He can probably be had for a 3-4 year deal at 5-6M per.