Thursday's Hot Stove Show

Going Underground

I got this from my friend who has season tickets Hopefully this and other things like this does not  replace Fanfest.Not much of a notice either.A whole day or two to decide.

We are excited to present an exclusive opportunity to attend the first GEICO Orioles Hot Stove Show of the season - this Thursday, November 7 from 6pm-7pm at the Entercom Baltimore Performance Studio (1423 Clarkview Rd, Baltimore, MD). O's GM Mike Elias will be in-studio to discuss the club's long-term strategy of building an elite talent pipeline across the organization. He will also pose for photos and chat with members during the event.

This exclusive invitation is extremely limited so please RSVP now if you would like to attend. Click here to log in to your Birdland Rewards account and claim up to four (4) spots for Thursday's show.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I just saw my invite. 

I suspect this is the angle they are taking. They will add some opportunities for things they are already doing. I mean what’s the cost to them for this? Elias would be doing interviews like this anyway. 

Zero.Not like they are giving out food or even snacks.Maybe give out a 1.oz. Utz chips.Used to hold the hot stove shows at the Sheraton and people were invited to come down.Costs them nothing to hold it at the flagship Oriole radio station. So I guess season ticket  holders will be invited if any players come to the show and maybe you can take a picture.I guess this is the new interaction. Something they have done every year and now made private.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Going Underground said:

I got this from my friend who has season tickets Hopefully this and other things like this does not  replace Fanfest.Not much of a notice either.A whole day or two to decide.

We are excited to present an exclusive opportunity to attend the first GEICO Orioles Hot Stove Show of the season - this Thursday, November 7 from 6pm-7pm at the Entercom Baltimore Performance Studio (1423 Clarkview Rd, Baltimore, MD). O's GM Mike Elias will be in-studio to discuss the club's long-term strategy of building an elite talent pipeline across the organization. He will also pose for photos and chat with members during the event.

This exclusive invitation is extremely limited so please RSVP now if you would like to attend. Click here to log in to your Birdland Rewards account and claim up to four (4) spots for Thursday's show.

They were out of tickets in just a few minutes after the mailing. It's at a strip mall studio. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Zero.Not like they are giving out food or even snacks.Maybe give out a 1.oz. Utz chips.Used to hold the hot stove shows at the Sheraton and people were invited to come down.Costs them nothing to hold it at the flagship Oriole radio station. So I guess season ticket  holders will be invited if any players come to the show and maybe you can take a picture.I guess this is the new interaction. Something they have done every year and now made private.

1 oz. Utz?? I'm there!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Yes.I have bern there once with someone for First Responder Friday.If I remember correctly it might hold 40 people or so.Maybe less or a few more.I guess no Sheraton downtown for Hot Stove?

I guess they are really cost cutting. 

27 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

If this is the route they are going, I'm gonna save money by not renewing and just buying second hand tickets. 

I think that is wise. I sure hope the decisions they make are not geared towards season ticket sales at this point. 

Another screw up by marketing. I was offered 4 tickets also and told seating was limited. I tried within minutes of the offer coming through at 7:15 PM last night to get my order of one ticket and could not get it to work. I spoke to my rep this morning and vented in a nice way to him and told him this was handled poorly. To offer some one 4 tickets and get none when you only wanted one is crazy. They offered a photo op with Elias as part of the deal and to get no tickets? Crazy is not the correct word.

I also told him dropping FanFest is a big mistake unless they are going to surprise us and add a young free agent or two that can help us for a few years. I told him basically what Legend just said. Why buy season tickets when you can go online and pick your seat wherever you want. There is no advantage to buying season tickets any more.. They've cut payroll and appear to be cutting in other areas. I doubt all of the people let go by Elias will be replaced. He may need to re-think his approach especially since the woman in the BMW SUV fired her concealed carry gun the other day when the 6 squeegee boys surrounded her vehicle near OP. She said the gun went off accidentally. Did it? Two women now have been surrounded by squeegee boys not too far from OP. I told my rep the Orioes are going to need to hire their own armed security force to patrol outside the park and on their lot I park on. I've mentioned previously I have never seen an armed guard on their lots between Oriole Park and M & T. Let's hope the Mayor and ownership can sit down and come up with a plan. Maybe the kind gesture by Chris Davis and his wife can be extended and he will offer to pay Wolf Security or someone to make fans feel safer. As to the radio show? Are their problems doing it in a restaurant we don't know about?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1