BRob is on the HOF Ballot

Frobby

Here is the guys on the veterans ballot:

I would like to see Tommy John and Lou Whitaker to get in.  To make this Oriole related: Does Dwight Evans go in as an Oriole if he makes it ?

1 y Lou Whitaker 93
2 y Dwight Evans 70
3 y Tommy John 112
4 y Dale Murphy 116
5 y Ted Simmons 125
6 y Thurman Munson 90
7 y Don Mattingly 134
8 y Dave Parker 125
9 y Steve Garvey

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I was in the stands at Memorial Stadium for Mussina's 1st MLB win.  The first game I saw in person involved Carl Yastrzemski and Don Stanhouse.

I think @El Gordo was there when Matt Kilroy struck out his 500th batter of the 1886 season.

I did see Killroy's 500 K but it was in a prior life. In this life I saw my first game in 1955. Willy Miranda was at SS, Gus Triandos was at 1B, Hal Smith was catching,  Dave Philly was in LF, Brooks was at 3B, and RF Hoot Evers hit a HR.

• Upvote 1

I was there for Sugar Ray Leonard’s first pro fight.

First game I saw in Person McNally pitched.  I remember seeing Boog and Brooks.  We were in the front row and Etcheberan leaned into the stands and caught a foul ball in front of us.  Monday night game so you could walk right up and get front row seats. I got an Orioles cap.  

1 hour ago, El Gordo said:

I did see Killroy's 500 K but it was in a prior life. In this life I saw my first game in 1955. Willy Miranda was at SS, Gus Triandos was at 1B, Hal Smith was catching,  Dave Philly was in LF, Brooks was at 3B, and RF Hoot Evers hit a HR.

My first game attended was the second game of the 1965 season....Milt Pappas pitched a complete game shutout and became my first favorite Oriole.  Boog Powell was in left below where I was in the bleachers with my Dad.  Paul Blair made a great catch that game and stole a base.  And Norm Siebern was the hero with 2 doubles that knocked in runs.