Offseason Pitching Deals

weams

22 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Should be interesting to see what Gibson gets.   He’s a pretty comparable pitcher to Bundy, though obviously he’s older.   

Reported 3/$30M

I suggested that Bundy would get 3/$36M if he was on the open market a couple weeks ago.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

Reported 3/$30M

I suggested that Bundy would get 3/$36M if he was on the open market a couple weeks ago.

If the Gibson report is accurate, I’d say your suggestion on Bundy is well supported.   He’s five years younger than Gibson.   Both have an ERA+ of 95 over the last 4 seasons (which is basically the length of Bundy’s major league tenure minus his one stray appearance in 2012).     

Just now, Frobby said:

If the Gibson report is accurate, I’d say your suggestion on Bundy is well supported.   He’s five years younger than Gibson.   Both have an ERA+ of 95 over the last 4 seasons (which is basically the length of Bundy’s major league tenure minus his one stray appearance in 2012).     

It might be a bit low considering, maybe the same AAV, but an extra year for Bundy if the medicals don't scare teams. 

22 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

It might be a bit low considering, maybe the same AAV, but an extra year for Bundy if the medicals don't scare teams. 

I think his injury history would prevent teams from offering more than 3 years, even though he’s relatively young and hasn’t missed much time over the last 4 years.