If you are going to move Villar to save money you might as well release Davis

atomic

52 minutes ago, Sessh said:

See, I don't get this. As an everyday player the last four years, his WARs are 3.9, 0.1, 2.7 and 4.0. How is it that you or anyone can project him at a WAR that is lower than three of those four years? Why is it "likely" that he will be worse? With a total of 10.7 WAR, that averages out to almost 2.7, but his projection is lower than that? I'm not saying it's not possible that he will fall in the range you suggest, but I take issue with saying it's "likely" to happen. Based on what is it likely?

1. He's 28, will be 29 next year.  He'll likely fall back a bit due to being past a typical player's peak.

2. He played 162 games last year, after missing 21 and 40 games the prior two.

3. 2017 happened, and he was basically replacement-level.

So all in all he'll probably play 140 games, and have around a 97 OPS+ (his career mark).  If he does that he'll be worth something approximating what he did in 2018 when he was worth 2.7 wins, but he'll be two years older.  So if you made me write a Villar projection in ink for 2020 I'd say about 2.5 wins.

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Well first ...You are just being a troll!

Second .... There is an ignore button that will allow you to not read my posts in the future! I recommend you use it!

Third .... You've taken the same exact approach but in the opposite direction. So talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

.....I've provided links at Frobby's request this evening in the Villar thread that strongly supports my position and assumptions. And guys like you have not responded and its easy to assume why.

Finally .... Your so dug in on your hate that the crap your saying is factually wrong after the fact! As it turns out he wasn't released and the media was way wrong on the story. So why do I need to continue to complain about something that didn't actually happen

Perhaps it's because we have jobs and don't have time to read all of the 10,000 posts you've made stating the same thing over and over again over the last four days?  And I'm actually the very opposite of a troll because I don't want to engage you...I just want you to stop posting about the same god damn thing over and over again. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

Would be nice if we could work out a financial settlement with Davis and find him a nice office in the Warehouse to push papers.

Davis might be good at community outreach with the work he has done and money he has donated to University of Maryland Children's Hospital. 

https://www.umms.org/childrens/news/2019/chris-davis-gift

• 14 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

Would be nice if we could work out a financial settlement with Davis and find him a nice office in the Warehouse to push papers.

John McClane : So that's is what this is about, Hans? A @#(( robbery?

Hans Gruber : Put down the gun.

John McClane : Why'd you have to nuke the whole team, Hans?

Hans Gruber : Well, when you are still owed $4.25M, you can just disappear into a front office job. When you are owed $69 million, they will find you, unless they think you're already dead.

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Honestly there is no point in cutting Davis at this point. He helps you with the main goal of losing. Plus his money is already a sunk cost ....But you have to pay an additional $500k for the rookie player that replaces him on the roster. That doesn't match with the current agenda.

He takes up a 40 man spot. I think that’s what does him in ultimately. Probably November