Bundy traded to Angels for Isaac Mattson, Kyle Bradish, Zach Peek, and Kyle Brnovich

MurphDogg

48 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think he’ll get more than what you have in mind.   

Yeah Karns was out of baseball for two years and had an injury that most players don't come back from.  Gausman seemed to pitch better with the Reds.  I am not sure what his issues are but I doubt he gets less than $5 million.  His strike out rate was up.  His arbitration number was $10.6 million so that is pretty much why no one wanted to claim him.

He can pitch out of the bullpen and be decent.  

55 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

Is that last sentence serious? I'm going to assume you're joking.

Yeah it was half kidding 

But here is my thought 

I realize 1B and Average to Below Average corner OF defense is not a top priority when adding a player to your contending or wannabe contending team.

But Trey hit .291 with an .899 OPS with 35 Home Runs. It was good for 3.3 WAR and he’s produced almost 6 WAR in 3 seasons. 

To go on he’s under control for 3 more seasons. And is still just 27 years old so statistically stil should be trending up.

Witt is a highly regarded 1st round pick. One would assume he will be a productive controlled player for 6 years. However there are many examples where these guys fail and teams get little to nothing out of them

Mancini is a proven commodity. He doesn’t strike out a ton and has a 3 to 1 K/BB rate.

I refuse to believe that he wouldn’t be worth a top 50-100 guy, another organizational top 30, and 1-2 other nice prospects in my opinion

I understand that opinions are like A-Holes and everybody sees it different.

But you have to think Mancini is valued by a team or teams that need a good RH bat.

12 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Do they even watch baseball? I mean, I probably wouldn't watch much baseball either if I lived in Southern California.   

Near the bottom in regional TV ratings. Cleveland at  one is kind of interesting because they don't draw well for a good team.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/2019/10/15/2019-mlb-regional-tv-ratings-in-prime-time-remain-solid/#1548501a3f89

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

By the way, if Givens is on this roster at the start of 2020 I'll be shocked.

I expect him here unless it's a Villar-like deal. i don't think anyone is offering much of anything for him at this point. He's still a guy who could establish value over 1/2 of a season and net a good return, in theory.

15 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Near the bottom in regional TV ratings. Cleveland at  one is kind of interesting because they don't draw well for a good team.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/2019/10/15/2019-mlb-regional-tv-ratings-in-prime-time-remain-solid/#1548501a3f89

Low ratings, but huge market.   In terms of total viewers (the 000s number), they actually 8th, just barely ahead of Cleveland

Edit: Thats the Dodgers, not the Angels.  Angels are middle of the pack in terms of total viewers.

Edited by GuidoSarducci

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I think he’ll get more than what you have in mind.   

He certainly might. I haven't really looked at the market for him. All I was saying is if they can get him on the cheap for whatever reason they should, but I agree, most likely someone will give him more.

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

How is that baseless? He's dumping salary and taking what he can get, even if it's minimal?

It's absolutely baseless. I think it's baseless to say he doesn't care about a return. First of all, we can't know that. Second of all, he's clearly said otherwise, just look at his quotes after the Bundy trade. He's going to get the best possible deal for his players, that's his job. He wants talent. He studies these players. If he wanted to flip him for nobody, he would have done that last year. 

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

A baseless comment that insults Elias' intelligence, IMO. 

Not at all.  He's identified salary as an issue and is moving quickly to address that issue.  He's doing it by dumping higher salaried players.  None of the prospects that we've received for Villar or Bundy will be nearly as good as either of those player, in my opinion.  Hope I'm wrong.  The player, if any, that we get back for Givens may actually approach his value since I don't think he has much.  I don't think Givens is worth $3.2 and I'd be surprised if Elias does either.  So, I think Elias, based on recent actions, is likely to dump Givens salary and really doesn't care if he gets much back in return.  Not an insult.  An observation.